Instead of splurging big bucks at the salon, did you know that you can get the perfect bridal glow by using regular ingredients from your kitchen? It’s true! The best part is that it’s all natural and gives your skin a healthy and clear complexion. Here are 6 ways to use kitchen ingredients to achieve that ideal bridal glow. (Thank us later!)
Also Read Amazing Facemasks For Bridal Glow At Home
1. Juicy, Red TomatoesTomatoes are a very common ingredient found in Indian households. They not only add flavour to your dish, they also have surprising beauty benefits! They can be used to reduce acne, sooth sunburns, shrink large pores and heal rashes. How to use them as a beauty ingredient? Make a natural face mask, of course!Step 1: Slice 2 tomatoes and mash them until you’re left with only the pulp.Step 2: Add a tablespoon of honey to the pulp and stir well. Step 3: Now, using your fingertips, gently apply the mask to your face and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.Step 4: Wash it off with lukewarm water.Also Read: Complete Guide To Facial At Home
2. Chilled, Fresh MilkDid you know that fresh milk can improve your complexion and make your skin baby soft?! It certainly does. Do it for a month prior to your wedding and the results will amaze you on your big day. Step 1: Pour some fresh, full-fat, chilled milk into a bowl.Step 2: Dip a ball of cotton into it and apply it on your face.Step 3: Leave it to dry for 10-15 minutes.Step 4: Wash it off with cold water and don’t forget to pat dry after.
3. Ripe PapayaFor healthy and clear skin, making a face mask using a mashed papaya is the best! It contains vitamin A, antioxidants and papain enzymes that help remove dead skin cells and bacteria. Papaya also has anti-ageing properties, and keeps the spots and blemishes at bay. Step 1: Cut a slice of ripe papaya and pour a teaspoon of honey over it.Step 2: Rub the gooey slice all over your face and neck. Step 3: Don’t remove it until the pack turns hard and dry.Step 4: After 15-20 minutes, wash it off with warm water.
4. Healthy YoghurtIt’s a rich source of vitamin B, calcium and zinc! It serves as a natural moisturizer and exfoliates the skin too. It has a knack for reducing blemishes, removing dead skin cells and is the perfect skin coolant. Step 1: Put 1 scoop of yoghurt in a bowl. Step 2: Add a tablespoon of oatmeal and stir well. Step 3: Using a brush or your fingertips, apply it to your face and neck. Step 4: Massage in a circular motion and leave it to dry for 10-15 minutes.Step 5: Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
5. Gooey Aloe Vera GelIf you have oily skin, aloe vera gel will do your skin good. Not only does it remove a layer of dead skin cells, but it also treats acne and soothes rashes. Regularly applying this face mask will get you that bridal glow in absolutely no time!Step 1: Slice an aloe vera leaf in half. Step 2: Use a steel spoon to scoop out the gel.Step 3: Wash your face and apply the gel to your face and neck.Step 4: Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with room temperature water.
Also Read Benefits Of Aloe Vera For Hair & Skin
6. Natural Multani Mitti
Fuller's earth, or multani mitti, is nature’s gift to your skin. It helps fade dark patches, treat acne, tightens pores, absorbs excess oil, prevents skin from sagging, and heals scars and nasty marks. Using this face mask twice a week is the perfect antidote for dull and dry skin.Step 1: In a container, add a tablespoon of multani mitti, a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and 2 tablespoons of fresh rosewater. Step 2: Blend all ingredients using a spoon. Step 3: Apply the pack to your face and leave it to dry for 20 minutes.Step 4: Wash it off with cold water and pat dry. HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 5 Beauty Treatments You MUST Get For That Natural Bridal Glow!MUST-READ: 8 Superfoods For That Perfect Bridal Glow!