Every woman we know owns at least one gorgeous anarkali. And why not? The pretty Indian dress is a shaadi favourite and flatters one and all. From dressy to colourful to the ones with lots of ghera, there’s just so much to chose from. Check out the POPxo Team flaunting their favourite wedding anarkali style!
1. A royal princessDakshee Haryani, Social Media Coordinator
Our Social Media Co-ordinator is not just blessed with good looks, she’s also got a great sense of style! For her friend’s sister’s wedding, Dakshee wore a gorgeous purple and blue anarkali
that her mom got custom made for her. “The colour combination is my absolute favourite because it’s so different from the typical pinks and reds,” she shares. The sheer anarkali
comes with a high-waisted skirt underneath and we sure do love it!
2. Summertime styleManasvi Jaitly, Senior Wedding Writer“There are just so many things I love about this one! White is huge in Indian wear right now and I got this anarkali with lots of ghera for a Diwali party. The pretty pink and orange dupatta adds just the right amount of colour, and the minimal yet gorgeous mirror work is my favourite. Bought from Shahpur Jat in Delhi, this is one anarkali I’ll be wearing a lot for the coming shaadi season!”
3. Cute and colourful!Tanaya Seth, Editorial CoordinatorThe sweetest thing to hit POPxo, Tanaya sure looks stunning against that pretty backdrop. Bought from Dolly J, she wore it for her cousin’s haldi ceremony in Udaipur. “I had never seen orange, green and purple blend so beautifully in one single outfit and, trust me, the colours looked fab for the morning ceremony,” shares Tanaya. Styled with minimal gold jewellery, this one’s picture perfect!
4. Gorgeous in redSimar Rana, Lifestyle EditorA gorgeous red anarkali coupled with looks to kill - quite a combination, right? For a daytime wedding function, Simar wore a red anarkali with minimal work that didn’t look OTT yet it was nice and bright. “There are two things I feel you can never go wrong with on a wedding - the colour red and anarkalis. Both these things instantly add a sparkle to the shaadi style,” she shares.
5. The classic off-whiteAnkita Maheshwari, Social Media CoordinatorFor her friend’s sangeet ceremony, Ankita wore an off-white anarkali bought from a boutique in her hometown, Jamshedpur. Made from pure chiffon, we love the classic white and gold combination. “I am wheatish in complexion and light colours don’t look great on me. But somehow, this one just looked beautiful and I had to pick it up.” she comments.
6. Pretty in pink!Gopika EM, Social Media ManagerIf there’s someone who takes her style extremely seriously, it’s our Social Media Manager. For a friend’s sagan, she chose a pop pink anarkali that guaranteed attention! “I wanted something minimal yet something that stands out among others,” shares Gopika. We love the fact that the dupatta is pre-stitched and one can move around hassle-free!
7. Elegance at its bestKhushboo Chaudhary, Social Media CoordinatorThere is nothing that we don’t love about this gorgeous anarkali. From the floral motifs to the black and gold colour combination, we are totally swooning over this Pooja Shroff creation. For her cousin’s winter wedding, Khushboo accessorised her anarkali with chaandbaalis and an elaborate neckpiece.
8. Festive style!Samridhi Bhutani, Quality Assurance Engineer Bought from Meena Bazaar, Samridhi wore this festive suit for her cousin’s engagement party. “I loved the traditional shaadi red colour and the green chunni was the perfect contrast,” she states. A downsized version of the usual voluminous anarkalis, this simple yet stylish piece can be worn from day to night!HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: How To Style Your Saree For Maximum Glam? Team POPxo Shows You!MUST-READ: How To Style Indian Wear To Work: Top Tips From Team POPxo!