Strong women - may we know them, may we be them, and may we raise them.
Here’s what every man needs to know about dating one, though...
1. Don’t judge her by the number of times she says the words “I love you”You are dating a busy girl - with work commitments and family responsibilities. If she didn’t love you, she wouldn’t be with you. Don’t expect her to keep saying it. Instead, go by that look in her eyes when she’s with you or the fact that she chooses to share her space and time with you and only you!
2. She’s got a whole lot of things on her mindBut this should be easy for you to understand, right, boys? Just the way you have a lot of things on your mind – from your future to your finances, so does she!
3. Her approach to romance may be a little different than what you expectedMaybe she’s not a girly girl. Maybe she hates flowers. Maybe she loves adventure. Don’t try and slot her as a typical girlfriend – you may just be surprised. Instead, get used to the fact that she likes to keep things interesting and unpredictable.
4. She can go all feminist on you – so be prepared!But this doesn’t have to be a bad thing. She’s earned her stripes, this tigress. She expects equality. She expects you to not make sexist statements. Honestly, it’s the least she expects. If you don’t comply, prepare for the consequences.
5. She can be the most understanding person in your lifeThat’s the biggest plus of dating a strong and independent woman. She gets your problems and struggles, because she has so many of her own! She knows how to handle stuff and make you feel better. She won’t be flippant about your needs. She’ll help you navigate life like a pro too – a real partner in every sense of the word.
6. She expects to split the billYes, she wants to go dutch. There’s nothing wrong with that. It absolutely shouldn’t threaten your masculinity. Take pride in your girl and her self-achieved financial independence. It is, after all, what will make both your dreams come true in the long run.
7. She maybe a very no-nonsense personSometimes it can be overwhelming to date a person who doesn’t sugarcoat things. This means honest reactions and no mincing of words. But in the long run, it’s much better to be with a person like that than a person who plays mind games and drains you mentally, don’t you think?
8. She’s got dreams she hasn’t even told you aboutThis is not because she doesn’t love you. It’s only because she is working so hard, every single day, to touch the skies and do the unimaginable. Perhaps even she’s not aware of how many dreams she has bottled up inside.
9. She values your presence in her life.She knows that she has a lot going on in her life. She doesn’t need to be in a relationship, but she wants to be in one. She loves you and values you. And even if she doesn’t say it (often), she recognizes the fact that it takes a super-secure, awesome guy to be with a driven, independent girl like her.GIFs: Tumblr, Giphy, RebloggyHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here! MUST-READ: An Independent Girl’s Guide To A Happy Relationship!MUST-READ: 10 Adorable Things That Happen When You Start Dating A Friend!