Bra bulge is something that many women seem to find embarrassing! It’s that annoying chub that pops out above or below your bra strap. However, by paying attention to your diet, exercising regularly, and finding the perfect bra fit for yourself, you can bid that bulge adieu for life - if that’s what you’d like. So ladies, are you looking to get rid of that bra fat like a pro? Here we go!
Also Read How To Reduce Arm Fat
1. Eat clean and healthyIf you want to lose the back fat soon, it’s time to draw some serious attention to your diet. Yeah, that’s right missy - start eating clean and healthy! Understand that certain foods lower the function of the thyroid gland. When that happens, fat accumulates and becomes difficult to burn. Foods you should stay away from are brussels, soya bean products, sprouts, strawberries, cabbage and spinach. Instead, opt for brown rice, tuna, wheat germ, salmon, boiled carrots, avocados, melons, apricots, onions, boiled chicken, and a handful of walnuts and almonds to banish the bulge you do not want, in no time. Also, going for smaller meals every 3-4 hours, rather than huge meals taken with long time gaps, will help reduce food cravings - if that’s what you’re looking to do. You got this, sister!
2. Get a bra fitting doneSometimes it’s just a matter of the wrong bra. Wearing a bra that is inappropriately sized can also be responsible for that bra bulge. That’s why it’s important to get a bra fitting done by a professional at a reputed store like La Senza or Marks & Spencers. Try on different bras and see which one works for you with regard to comfort and fit. The new bra on the block is the Shapeez bra. This bra is designed in such a way that it eliminates bra lines and also, the bulges caused due to a bad bra fit.Also read: What’s The *Right* Bra Cup Shape For Your Boobs?
3. Heard of Dhanurasana?Popularly known as the bow pose, this yoga exercise targets fat on the back. All you have to do is lie flat on your tummy, fold your knees, and hold your ankles. Try to shift your weight from your pelvic bone to your navel and hold that position for 5 breaths. Do this for 5-6 times a day. Watch the video tutorial for it here.
4. What is Chakrasana?Another yoga exercise that does a fab job at dealing with the bulge. Start by lying on your back and slowly begin to bend your knees and elbows. Lift your head, shoulders and hips above the ground. The position looks like an inverted C. After 5 breaths, you can change or continue this exercise from scratch. Watch the video tutorial for it here.Also read: 5 Fab Lingerie Brands For Girls With A Bigger Bust
5. Move your body!The more active you keep your body, the faster you lose unwanted fat. Engage in fun activities like swimming, dancing and cycling. Signing up for a zumba class or a fitness dance class is a great alternative to burn back fat.
6. Breast strokes for the winHave you noticed that swimmers don’t have a trace of back fat? That’s because these waterbabies burn fat quickly through swimming. You don’t need to go to the pool everyday - just once or twice a week is good enough. For starters, try doing 5-10 laps of the breast stroke. As you develop speed and strength, you can bring it up to 15-20 laps.Also read: How To Make That Stick-On Bra Actually Stick! (8 Dos & Don’ts)
7. Side planking it like a proThis exercise benefits you in two ways - it strengthens the core muscles and also tones the back muscles. With time, determination and patience you’ll ace this exercise. The way to get into it is this- First, place your body in a plank position. Then slowly lie on one side and make sure that your feet are on top of each other or criss-crossed. Then, gently raise one arm in the air and try to hold that position for a minute or more. Do 5 reps of it a day to get rid of unwanted fat in your breast and back area.Images: Shutterstock