With the summer heat here, it’s the season of sleeveless dresses and strappy tops. Darkened skin and ingrown hair can really be the pits! If you’re facing any annoying under-the-arm issues or would just love smoother pits, then read on. We give you the best beauty tips for flawless underarms.
1. Sugar + Lemon For Overall Goodness
Lemon, as you well know, is a natural lightening agent and mixing it with a tablespoon of granulated sugar makes for an excellent scrub for your underarms. Use it to scrub your armpits for a couple of minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. Not only will it lighten dark skin, but also leave it feeling incredibly smooth. If you feel like your skin is a little rough in this area, then it’s a great idea to try this simple scrub.
Also read: 9 Home Remedies To Deal With Dark Patches & Uneven Skin Tone!
2. Milk + Besan For Silky Softness
Add some milk to 2 tablespoons of besan (gram flour) to make a thick paste. You can add a pinch of turmeric to it too to help brighten the area. Leave this pack on your underarms for a good 10 minutes and wash off with warm water. It will leave the area bright and with velvety smooth.
3. Potatoes And Oranges To Lighten Discoloration
Darkness and discoloration is one of the most common underarm issues that girls face. You can try any of these home remedies for it:
Also read: Get Hairless Underarms… By MICROWAVING Them!!
- Soak potato slices in a bowl of water for a couple minutes before taking them out and rubbing these slices over your armpits. Potatoes have natural bleaching properties, so they are a great way of getting fairer underarms.
- Put some dried orange peels in the blender so that it is powdered. Now add some of this powder to 2 tablespoons of yogurt and apply the mix over your armpits. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes. This will considerably lighten your underarms and leave them smooth and soft.
4. Exfoliate To Banish Ingrown Hair
Whether you wax or shave, hair ingrowth can be the most annoying thing ever, and for some of us, especially in the underarm area. Exfoliating with a good body scrub is the best way to get rid of ingrown hair for good. We love The Body Shop’s Shea Body Scrub, which also leaves the skin soft. Follow it up with a soothing moisturizer.
5. Aloe Vera Gel For Instant Freshness And Smoothness
Aloe vera gel is so handy to have around. Apply it on your underarms to help cool and soothe them in this blistering heat. It will help soften your skin as well as make you feel fresher and less prone to sweat and body odour.
Also read: Is Your Deo Making Your Underarms Darker?
6. An Oil Massage For Extra Hydration
Your underarms are no different from the rest of your skin, and the same moisturizing rules apply to them as well. A good way to keep them hydrated and promote skin elasticity is by massaging the skin there with coconut or almond oil. Doing so often enough will keep the skin firm and also get rid of roughness.
Also read: “What Can I Do About Dark Underarms?”
7. A Few Things To Avoid For Flawless Underarms
- As much as possible, try and avoid shaving your pits, as it can make your skin darker and rough.
- Don’t use a harsh soap that strips moisture from your skin. A mild soap that is non-drying is always better.
- Avoid spraying deodorant directly over your skin. We all do this, but it can cause darkness, irritation and even rashes.
- Don’t wear tight clothes that cause sweating and friction.
Published on Apr 13, 2016