All the months of planning have gone by in a blur and suddenly you find yourself just 1 month away from you wedding day! *gasp* With just 30 days to go, we give you beauty tips for a month before your wedding so that you look fabulous by the time D-day rolls around. Blushing bride? More like gorgeous bride!
- Lush, look-at-me locks require some extra love and care. We hope you’ve cut down on heat styling because you don’t want dry, frazzled strands on your wedding day.
- Start eating foods for healthy hair like fish, nuts, eggs and anything rich in Vitamin B to help bring a shine and brighten dull locks from the inside.
- Regular scalp massages are a great way to relax amidst the madness and boost circulation for stronger, shinier hair. Deep condition your mane regularly and book yourself in for a hair spa at your salon.
- Get a trim 2 weeks in advance because it’s the only way to get rid of dry, damaged ends and make your mane look so much healthier. A colour job should be done 2 weeks prior too.
- Drinking loads and loads of water is an absolute must. If you haven’t already upped your intake then you must NOW! It’s the best way to have clearer skin and a brighter, dewy glow.
- Exercising often is also the best way to boost circulation and bring a natural radiance to your complexion – even if it is just a quick evening walk.
You should be having monthly facials, your last one should be 8 days before the wedding to allow any redness to settle. Multani Mitti with a pinch of turmeric is a fantabulous face pack to use a couple times a week to help clear up your skin, brighten it and give you that fresh glow.
- You should also exfoliate your lips once a week for a soft, smooth pout.
- Dark circles and puffy eyes are common at this time thanks to tiredness. It is important to relax and catch up on your sleep to help look your best on your big day. Make sure to get at least 8 hours of beauty sleep every single day in the weeks leading up to it - this will ensure that your eyes as well as your skin look fresh.
- Massage your eye area with almond oil regularly and invest in a soothing eye cream or just use aloe vera gel in the morning and night to help with puffiness and undereye circles. Keep an eye mask in the fridge and use it to instantly wake up your peepers on function days.
- Don’t ignore your neck during your beauty routine as your décolletage and shoulders will also be shown off in whatever you wear. Remember the skin on your neck is fragile - exfoliate it with your face scrub every other day, moisturize when done and don’t skip sunscreen on this area whenever you step out.
- For the rest of your body, use a body scrub to exfoliate away dead and rough skin. Using baby oil in the shower regularly is also a fantastic way for extra nourishment and softness.
- Schedule your waxing appointment 3 to 4 days before the festivities begin.
Hands and Feet
HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo?If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!
MUST-READ: Fab Beauty Tips For Your Wedding Week!
MUST-READ: 7 Beauty Tips For That Gorgeous Wedding Day Glow!
Grow out your nails as you don’t want short, stubby nails on this important day right?! Moisturize your hands and arms daily because dry skin and mehendi are really not a good combination.
- You’ll be getting a pedicure before the celebrations begin of course, but use a pumice stone daily to get rid of dry, cracked skin and then follow it up with a thick moistuziser. Also, avoid any tight, closed shoes because you really don’t want any painful shoe bites or bruises on your feet to come in the way of all your bridal glory.
Published on Apr 12, 2016