10 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About The Male Orgasm!
No man or woman can ever have too many orgasms! Yet the male and the female orgasm are completely differently from one another. Here are 10 things we bet no one told you about the male orgasm... Your guy will definitely appreciate you knowing this!
1. Some men can have an orgasm even without ejaculation!
We know it sounds almost unreal, but a small percentage of men are capable of experiencing “dry orgasms” - where they do not have to release seminal fluids to climax! In fact, most men do not ejaculate until several seconds after they have orgasmed.
2. Sperms travel at the speed of 28 miles per hour - almost the same speed as Olympic runners!
They seem to be in quite a rush when they’re first released! However, once they reach their destination - the vagina - they slow down to about 4 miles per hour.
3. The mysterious G-spot is NOT a women specific wonder!
If you thought the ultimate magic button to pleasure was a unique perk of being a woman, you couldn’t be more wrong. You can totally blow your guy’s mind by stimulating his G-spot too. (Hint - you may want to work around his prostrate, that’s where it’s rumored to lie!)
4. Once stimulated, most men have to orgasm!
This phenomenon is called Ejaculatory Inevitability, which basically suggests that orgasm is inevitable for most men after a certain amount of stimulation (a quick, two-minute session of masturbation may also suffice).
5. An average guy ejaculates almost fourteen gallons of seminal fluids in his life!
Well, that’s quite a number, no?
6. Male orgasms last for a shorter period of time as compared to their female counterparts!
Yup, we may have them less frequently, but we can depend on our orgasms to last longer. While men can go anywhere from 5 to 22 seconds, most women usually hit a solid, uninterrupted 20 seconds of heavenly bliss.
7. It is difficult for men to stay awake after an orgasm!
When men orgasm, they release a bunch of drowsy hormones, such as norepinephrine, serotonin, oxytocin, vasopressin, nictric oxide - which make them really sleepy. And all these years we’ve been blaming the poor guys for not being interested or attentive post sex! Well, we know better now! :P
8. Holding out is a challenge for most guys - one that definitely pays off!
Instead of just letting go and ejaculating when they first feel the urge to, some men take up the challenge to actually hold on for as long as they can. This multiplies the pleasure not only for their partner, but also for them - as they experience a much more intense and shattering orgasm when they hold out.
9. Men fake orgasms too!
Yup, it’s true. We’re not the only ones who fake pleasure at times. According to a survey, 30% of men fake orgasms too!
10. A little effort is all your guy needs to orgasm better!
We bet you already knew that, but a little reminder never hurt anybody, right? Sometimes, all it takes is a little dirty talk, or some visual stimulation to get him going. So let’s show our guys some love - after all, they deserve it too! :p