Anyone dealing with acne has gone through their share of products that promise to “unclog pores”, “treat breakouts”, “brighten spots”, blah blah blah. But instead of paying heed to these claims, it’s the ingredients that you should look more closely at. We give you the ONLY ingredients and acne remedies you need to cure acne. These are commonly found in over the counter creams and cleansers…and getting rid of pimples is actually THIS easy!
Also Read Pimples On Chest: Cause, Home Remedies And More!
Ingredients That Help Get Rid Of AcneThese are the best acne remedies to help give you clearer skin. They can be used in combination with each other, but be sure not to use too many at the same time.
1. Benzoyl PeroxideAlso read: Zap That Zit! Super Simple Ways To Shrink A PimpleIf you’re prone to zits and spots then an acne ointment containing benzoyl peroxide is a must to use at night and works as effective pimple remedies. It’s what any dermatologist would recommends for you. This key ingredient kills bacteria that cause pimples by releasing oxygen in the pores. The concentration of benzoyl peroxide in your zit cream should be no more than 3% as you don’t want to dry out or irritate sensitive skin. But remember, it’s to be used in the night only as the UV rays can oxidise it, which will cause aging.
When To Use: Apply it on an active breakout to help dry out the pimple. There’s no need to apply it on skin when there are no active spots.
2. Salicylic AcidProducts that contain salicylic acid unclog pores, help control excess oil and also have antibacterial properties. It also adds moisture to the skin and helps leave it clear and spot-free. It’s common in cleansers and gels.
When To Use: You should use a salicylic acid face wash regularly to prevent blackheads and breakouts.
3. SulphurThis mineral helps exfoliate dead skin as well as decrease inflammation and excess oil. It is found in many acne products because of its bacteria-killing power. Again, these pimple remedies should be used in a low concentration but - look for 2% or less.
When To Use: Only use it on an active breakout. Also read: 8 Acne Myths That Stand Between You And Clear Skin!
4. Tea Tree OilThis natural pimple-fighter is said to cure acne as benzoyl peroxide in clearing skin. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory powers to help banish blemishes and soothe inflamed skin. It makes for a great natural remedy for pesky zits and is commonly found in cleansers and toners as well.
When To Use: A tea tree face wash is great for regular use if you have acne prone skin to keep breakouts at bay. Use tea tree oil on its own only on pimples but, and make sure to dilute it first as it can be very harsh on some skintypes.
5. ClayClay masks work wonders to cure acne on oily and pimple prone skin. It has a calming effect and anti-inflammatory properties to help clear spots and sooth aggravated skin.
When To Use: Apply a clay mask once a week or every 2 weeks. Also read: How To Make A Pimple Or Breakout Disappear In A Day!
6. Glycolic AcidFound naturally in sugar cane, glycolic acid is a natural exfoliator that removes dead skin cells, unclogs pores and helps lighten acne scars. Glycolic acid peels and creams help remove cell build-up that cause dullness and help keep blackheads and whiteheads in check too.
When To Use: Use a cream or face wash about once a week or when you notice a spot to help treat it before it grows bigger. Images: ShutterstockHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!