Despite the frenetic planning of the last few months, there are some things you just can’t account for when the wedding day arrives. A chipped nail or smudged lipstick are tiny things that can throw you off balance during a function. So, we’ve put together the ultimate emergency bridal makeup kit. These will ensure you’re prepared for just about any kind of beauty disaster and are able to handle them like the calm, zen bride you’re hoping to be. Go on and enjoy the festivities, minus any hiccups!
1. A Prepared-For-Anything Makeup Pouch
Here are the emergency makeup products to carry, just in case. Ask your sister/cousin/bestie to keep them safe. Even if you are getting your makeup professionally done, it doesn’t mean you’re safe from smudged eyeliner (what if you cry?!) or smudged lipstick. That’s when these will come to your rescue:
- A long lasting lipstick – choose a shade that you know suits you really well. Make sure it isn’t too bright or too dark.
- Compact powder – For quick touch-ups between ceremonies. Plus, what if it’s a hot day and you need to mop up sweat or oil?!
- Concealer – In case of an unexpected zit!
- Makeup remover – Especially if you have more than one ceremony in the day. Remove all traces of makeup before getting ready for the next function.
- Vaseline – You never know when it will come in handy – pros swipe some on the teeth to prevent lipstick stains, use it to moisturize dry lips, or on ashy elbows or dry hands.
- Nail polish – To fix any chips and snags. Make sure it’s the same shade you’re wearing.
2. Hair Essentials
These will keep flyaways and stray strands in check. Plus, they will rescue you if your hairstyle gets loose.
- Bobby pins – To tighten your chignon and keep stray strands in place.
- Hair spray – A mini bottle to keep those curls from loosening and holding stubborn strands in place.
- A hairbrush or comb – To detangle your mane and for quick fixes between functions.
- Hair clips/rubber bands – You never know when they could come in handy!
3. Other Essentials and Saviours
From bad breath to getting your period unexpectedly (stress can make anything happen!) – you’ll be so glad these were there to save you!
- Breath mints – You needn’t worry about bad breath.
- Fresh wipes – To help feel refreshed quickly in between functions.
- Tweezers – What if you suddenly spot an embarrassing stray hair?!
- Perfume/Deodorant – Wearing heavy outfits under the glare of bright lights will have you reaching for a small bottle.
- Band-Aids – To save you from a hellish shoe bite.
- Pads/Tampons – It’s better to always be prepared!
- Razor – Of course you made an important trip to the parlor in advance, but just in case!
- Baby powder – It’s great for when an outfit is chafing against your underarms or anywhere else.
- Straws – So you can hydrate yourself while keeping your lipstick in place.
- Q-Tips/Cotton balls – To fix any eyeliner disasters.
- Medicine – Pain relievers and anti-allergies!
HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here! MUST READ: #BridalHacks: The Bridal Kit You Need to Survive Wedding Day Emergencies! MUST READ: #BridalChecklist: Wedding Hair Dos and Don’ts