With every fashion week, new trends are born. These trends quickly trickle down from the runway and we find ourselves wearing them without even realizing it. Day 1 of the Amazon India Fashion Week (with #IndiaModern as the theme) saw an array of beautiful skirts, embellishments and gowns.
We have rounded up the 7 most wearable and ubiquitous outfits from the runway that you can wear everyday. Take inspiration from these looks when you’re planning your next outfit!
1. Pretty floralsDesigner Varun Bahl opened the AIFW 2016 with his gorgeous designs inspired from tropical hues and silhouettes that reflected the modern independent woman. His collection “Nocturne” saw a beautiful amalgamation of floral prints, sequins, hand woven embroidery and motifs. Taking inspiration from this romantic collection, you can wear a gorgeous floral dress and pair it with the cutest flats for your next big day out.
2. Print on printIf there is one trend that we can’t seem to get enough of, it’s wearing print on print. Another beautiful look at the Varun Bahl show that completely swept us off our feet. This look makes us want to grab the first printed skirt we see and pair it with an equally beautiful printed top...and if the evenings get a little chilly, you can throw on a trendy bomber jacket. This versatile day to night look is every definition of the urban Indian woman who makes #IndiaModern.
3. Play up your basicsDesigner Gaurav Jai Gupta’s Akaaro showcased timeless elegance and strength. The collection was bold and powerful and saw a lot of metallic hues teamed with everyday basics. Get inspired and team linen or khadi pants with a long button down shirt. Although this look is put together as a part of the Autumn/Winter collection, you can always experiment and tweak it around according to your individual style.
4. Of slits and high necksDesigners Hemant and Nandita left no stone unturned in their latest collection. Every piece and look was perfection personified and so very inspiring. High neck tops, fur and slit skirts were the key elements to take away from the gorgeous collection. We all know what our next outfit is gonna be!
5. Pleated skirts and embellishmentsAnother look from Hemant and Nandita’s show at the AIFW that is on our wish list. Gold embellished bomber jackets seem to be a must-have item this coming season. Wear it over a pleated skirt and top combo and make a statement anywhere you go!
6. Wide-legged trousers and button-up shirtsWide-legged trousers are the most popular bottoms of the season and Hemant and Nandita just showed us how we can style them. Take a cue from their runway show and pair your wide-legged trousers with a basic button-up shirt. Throw on a collar necklace to finish off your look!
7. Tunics and bowsPallavi Mohan’s Not So Serious collection was true to its name and she bowled us over with her playful designs. The collection was all about patent leather plimsolls, pussy bows and comfort. Wear a tunic over a ruffled top and leggings and look like a trendsetter. This collection reminded us to experiment and have fun!*This is a sponsored post for Amazon Fashion