We know, we know – this is so much easier said than done! Trust us, when you look back you will wish you had stressed less and enjoyed your wedding more. You still have time though. Just choose to be a ‘Bridechilla’ rather than a ‘Bridezilla’. We’ll tell you why you should keep calm on wedding day!
1. You can’t control everything
As much as you want to, this just isn’t humanly possible. Rather acknowledge this and stop trying to micromanage every detail!
2. Ever heard of Murphy’s Law?
According to the law, “What can go wrong, will go wrong.” Now we don’t mean to be Debbie Downers but some little things could go off-plan here and there; and we’d rather you be prepared for that.
3. You want to look back at the day with the fondest memories
The candid photographer you have paid big bucks for will capture you looking tired and stressed out. You don’t want that, do you?
4. Friends and family from all over the world will have flown in just to be with you on your special day.
So whatever is stressing you out, ignore it and proceed to have the best time of your life with all the people you love so much. It’s rare that your whole world will be present in one room at the same time, so savour the moment.
5. Gone are the days when brides were supposed to be shy and demure
Lucky for us, we are born in a generation when brides wear Aviators and pout and rock the dance floor! Take a moment to thank the Universe.
6. Think of the kind of money that has gone into your wedding...
If you’re not having fun, consider it a waste. *Gulp*
7. Every little detail has been meticulously planned during the run up to the wedding
...Just so you and the boy can enjoy it as it happens, right?
8. Your parents, siblings, friends and cousins have your back
Even if they seem a bit lax right now, trust us, they will ensure that all the wedding festivities go by super smoothly! #TeamBride FTW :D
9. You are as awesome as you are confident
You’re going to pave the way and show other brides just how it’s done!
10. Your wedding is a celebration of love and two families coming together