Every since we made sense of what people were saying to us, we remember some very clear instructions. From our parents, teachers, neighbors, and even some friends! Sure, they all only meant well and for us to be safe. But somewhere along the way they forgot that they were putting restrictions on the wrong person. Benetton talks about some such things in their amazing new campaign and we're sure you must remember hearing some of these as well.
1. Why should someone else decide what the length of our skirts should be?
2. And why should someone else decide how we should spend our free time?
3. Why should someone else decide what pictures should we put up on our facebook profile?
4. Why should someone else decide what makeup we should wear?
5. Or, for that matter, what the length of our hair should be?
6. And why pray tell, should they decide our path for us?