Blame it on hormones, stress or just Murphy’s Law, but we all know the horrible feeling when a pimple decides to show up the day before an important event like a major presentation, a big date or a friend’s wedding! It kind of feels like the universe is playing a joke on you, right? Well, we help you beat those breakout blues with a few quick remedies to zap a zit overnight. Try these almost instantaneous acne-busting fixes and no one will ever know about your spotty problem. Shhh!
1. Attack ModeThe second you spot it, go into damage control mode. Gently rub an ice cube over it in a circular motion for a minute. Then apply a clay mask on the area (as well as the rest of your face to be safe) and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing off. Pat dry your skin and apply benzoyl peroxide on the area as often as you can. It’s easily available and the most common acne-busting ingredient around.
2. Tea Tree Magic Tea tree oil is well-known for its pimple-fighting antibacterial properties to help reduce redness and inflammation. Make sure to have tea tree oil around and use tea tree based cleansers, gels, and toners to help prevent surprise breakouts (we love the tea tree range at the Body Shop). For a quick solution, dilute some tea tree oil in water or aloe vera before dabbing it on the spot to help shrink it. It also helps minimize scarring.
Also Read Types Of Pimples & How To Do Makeup To Hide Them In Marathi
3. Cinnamon and Honey MaskThese 2 ingredients together make an effective mask for getting rid of bacteria, healing the skin as well as hydrating it. Just add a tablespoon of cinnamon to 2 tablespoons of honey and mix into a paste. Apply it overnight to help zap a pimple.
4. Garlic Situation Garlic is antibacterial, antiseptic and is an antioxidant containing sulfur which helps quickly treat and heal a pimple. Take fresh garlic and cut a clove in two before rubbing it over a blemish for a few minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and repeat this a few times a day.
5. Awesome Aloe VeraWe don’t need to tell you twice about the soothing properties of aloe vera on our skin. It’s also antibacterial to help cut down redness and swelling. Use aloe vera gel on the area on its own or in combination with tea tree oil or garlic to help get rid of acne breakout ASAP.
6. When Life Gives You Lemons Lemon juice is super rich in Vitamin C and is also a natural astringent for drying up a pimple without leaving behind a mark. Squeeze some lemon juice and dab it on the spot before going to bed. You can also mix it with rose water if you like since it helps repair the skin and also soothes it.
7. Papaya ProtectionDid you know that raw papaya contains an enzyme called papain that reduces inflammation and prevents the formation of pus? That’s why it’s a great ingredient to use from your kitchen when you have an acne emergency. Make a pack by cutting up a papaya, removing the seeds and mashing it. Apply it and leave it on for a good 30 minutes before rinsing off.You may be tempted to try these acne treatments several times a day, but remember that too much of anything is a bad thing. Don’t force-treat your breakout; try these remedies overnight or not more than 3 or 4 times a day (space them out).Images: ShutterstockHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 9 Home Remedies To Deal With Dark Patches & Uneven Skin Tone!MUST-READ: Happy Feet! 8 Easy Home Remedies For Cracked Heels and Corns