We all wish we could revamp our old blouses to make them look runway worthy. To make them look new, fresh and not boring, we turn towards our favorite style stars! This time, we can take inspiration from the fancy blouses they meticulously pair with sarees and lehengas. From a simple Mandarin collar to a elaborate high neck, we give you some amazing ideas that you can share with your tailor!
1. The Embellished High Neck! Image Source: Karisma Kapoor on Instagram
We’ve seen most of the celebs wearing high neck blouses with their sarees these days! Highlighting the neck area on the blouse seems like a great plan if you are going for a high neck blouse. Ask your tailor to create this beautiful concentric semicircle patterned embroidery and go for the nice open rectangular back, just like Karisma in this gorgeous white saree!
2. The Tiny Keyhole!Image Source: Parineeti Chopra On InstagramParineeti shows us how to flaunt that gorgeous ornate blouse with tiny details like the diamond shape cutout in the center of the neckline. Those little fringes hanging give the blouse that edgy look and the fish like pattern is so pretty! Want the attention to be on the blouse? Go for a neckline that doesn’t look too covered, but at the same time shows off a hint of skin!
3. The Sleek Straight Neckline! Image Source: Shilpa Shetty On InstagramThis should be your pick if you want to show off those sexy collarbones! The neckline in this case is pretty much running straight in the alignment with the sleeves. Choose a fabric that is preferable for a good fit. Anything with a bit more elasticity should work. They look best when you want to give your saree a modern makeover, just like the super stylish Shilpa!
4. The Grand Front Open Look! Image Source: Rhea Kapoor On InstagramOur mothers have been known to wear front open blouses which can easily be covered under the saree pallu. Go for a front open blouse which has an aesthetic appeal. This back-high neckline comes in front to form a triangular shape at the centre. With these extra border details, this neckline looks elegant and different! Sonam Kapoor surely teaches us a thing or two about blouses!
5. The Tidy Boat Neck! Image Source: Deepika Padukone On InstagramA well defined neckline that sits beautifully on the shoulder is easy to achieve when you get something fitted to your frame! Picking a style like this when you are getting your tailor to create it for you is the right decision. Deepika looks stunning as always in this shimmery blouse with a thick border at the neckline. Match this to the pallu edges and you are set!
6. The New Mandarin Collar! Image Source: Ami Patel On InstagramThe ever graceful Madhuri Dixit looks vibrant in this coral saree. But the most eye-catchy thing about this outfit is the transformed Chinese collar, as many call it. The wide collar rests well and the broad gap between the collars gives it a nice twist. We like that the collar is not so defined. Just show this to your tailor, he’ll know what we are talking about!
7. The Svelte Halter!Image Source: Jacqueline Fernandez On InstagramJacqueline looks ravishing in this frilly saree, and what we love the most about this ensemble is the carefully overlapped halter blouse. The cross body front blouse is simple yet stylish and it’s a fresh take on the usual halter necks. Your tailor can make this for you and you can thank him for this when you shine bright at your college farewell or that friend’s shaadi!
8 The Firm Collar! Image Source: Rhea Kapoor On Instagram
We’ve seen a lot of women wear collared blouses, and Sonam surely shows us how we can wear a broad Mandarin collar and transform it to look so phenomenal. The collar covers the neck and the fitted sleeves make the blouse even more attractive. The right placket will do the trick. Wear this with lehengas and stand out!
9. The Square Neck! Image Source: Ami Patel On InstagramDitch the typical round necks and go for a slightly square neck. Add elbow sleeves blouse to compliment it with! Madhuri looks brilliant in this avatar. The higher neckline even here just spells out how much everybody is loving this trend! So get with it and inspire your tailor to make these minor changes and give you a fresh customised blouse!HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: “Masterji, Aisa Banaiye!” 7 Amazing Celeb-Inspired BlousesMUST-READ: The Best Sari Blouses for Every Body Type!