In a world where all things virtual are threatening to take over, the human touch still retains its magical, healing quality. Allow us then to suggest a resolution for you to follow through this new year - hug a little more! And trust us, this year will be as incredible as you would like it to be. Here’s why...
Also Read About Types Of Hug
1. Hugging de-stresses you!Studies have shown that hugging lowers levels of stress hormones like cortisol. A 20-second long hug is all it takes to reduce the harmful physical effects of stress, including its impact on our blood pressure and heart rate.
2. And it takes away painA bear hug after a long day is sometimes all you need to feel better. Hugging releases oxytocin, which is the happy hormone that boosts our immune system, while decreasing our pain levels. A simple hug releases enough oxytocin to make you feel better instantly!
3. Hugging also reduces cravings
Oxytocin also plays a role in healing people more quickly from illness, and also in reducing the craving for addictive substances such as sugar and alcohol.
4. The quickest way to resolve fights and communicate better!Non-verbal communication speaks volumes, even when we don’t realize it. When you feel a fight is going nowhere, just give the person you're fighting with a hug to show you care. Plus, post a hug the other person's more likely to try and understand what you're saying.
5. Hugs have an effect on development of kidsStudies suggest that kids who aren’t hugged as often as others, take more time to learn skills such as walking and talking. So definitely more hugs for all the kids!
6. They make you less grumpyPeople who are deprived of human touch are often more stressed than others, which ultimately affects both their physical and emotional health. A quick hug has an almost immediate impact on your health, lowering your heart rate, inducing a calming effect and also leading to a more upbeat mood!
7. Hugs give you the ultimate boost!
A tight full body hug is all it takes to stimulate our nervous system while decreasing feelings of loneliness, increasing self-esteem, defusing tension, and showing appreciation.
8. Hugs make you feel optimistic! Studies have shown how hugging even an inanimate object, like a teddy bear, helps soothe you and significantly reduces your worries about mortality. A good hug can pump you up with positive energy to get past anything!
9. And they can heal the world, too. :-)Because hugging releases the happy hormone, oxytocin, it inspires us to have a positive attitude towards the world. Studies show how touch is the one universal language all of us know to communicate our emotions most accurately. So, just hug it out, girl. :-)Images: Giphy, Tumblr
HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 13 Things About Kissing We Bet You Didn’t Know!MUST-READ: 11 Surprising Reasons You Might Be Turned On By Someone!!