Which girl wouldn’t want to add some extra oomph to her pout? Well, guess what… You don’t need to spend hours on your makeup like a certain Kylie Jenner or endure cosmetic surgery - all you need are a few simple makeup tricks. We promise these won’t take long at all and will have your pucker looking full, lush and definitely kiss-worthy!
1. It Starts With Super Soft Lips
Perfect makeup begins with a flawless canvas, so make sure to exfoliate your lips to get rid of dead skin, soften them and allow your lipstick to go on smoothly. Gently rub a soft toothbrush dipped in warm water across your pout to exfoliate it. This also helps increase blood circulation and help plump up your lips a bit while giving it a nice flushed colour naturally.
Also Read About Best Lip Plumpers
2. Go Outside The LinesNot too many of us use a lip liner much, but if you want fabulously fuller lips then you definitely want to start using one more often. Pick a neutral shade like nude or a pinkish-nude and line around the outside line of your lips and blend it. This really helps give the illusion of plumper, fuller lips. By blending it in, it gives it a very natural effect.
3. Highlighting Makes All The DifferenceJust like how you use it on your cheekbones to enhance them, highlighter has the same accentuating effect on your lips. Use it to outline the top lip and on your cupid’s bow to help make your lips appear oh-so lush by creating an illusion of light around them.
4. Colour Me HappyNow it’s time to glide on your lipstick. You want to use a brighter colour that really pops. Also, remember that glossy lipsticks help make your lips look fuller compared to matte ones, so don’t be afraid of some shine. This is because it reflects light and gives your pout a plumper effect. Remember that darker shades are slimming.; so if you have thin lips, you probably want to avoid anything too dark.
5. Make It JuicyTo fake fuller lips, lip gloss will be your best friend. Some shimmer, especially in the center of your lips, helps create a fuller appearance thanks to its light-reflecting power. You can also blend 2 lipsticks together for an ombre effect. Dab on a lighter or brighter colour on the middle to give the illusion of super juicy lips.
6. Do It Like The ProsOne secret pro tip to try is to apply concealer to the center of your lips on the top and before applying your lipstick. Make sure to dab it on till the outer edges. It may feel weird applying concealer on your pout, but the effect is pretty awesome as it helps brighten the area once you have your lipstick on, giving it a fuller appearance.Images: Shutterstock HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: Pucker Up! Your Guide to Delicious Summer LipsMUST-READ: #LipstickVirgin: A Beginner’s Guide to Doing Your Lips