Being happy always doesn't come naturally! Everyone has their bumps in a relationship along the way, but if you ever ask a happy couple what the secret to their relationship is, they'll always say that it lies in the little things
. Here are some of the little habits that most happy couples have!
1. WWHD?The "What Would He Do?" question they ask themselves in confusing situations. It's not so literal - it just means that every time you're trying to make a decision that affects both of you, you try and put yourself in your partner's shoes and try and look at the situation from their point of view.
2. Reached Home?Sending the simple "Reached home?" text. Doesn't have to be nagging or demanding, but it's just about the satisfaction of knowing they've gotten back safe and sound, and the other person knowing that someone is worried about their safe return is an adorable feeling.
3. Hugs x HugsThat hug when you see them! It could be after days of being apart or even after a couple of hours, but that one hug when they meet just puts everything back in its right place for them. That hug is essential. That hug is very precious!
4. Share And CareThe habit of helping out, the habit of sharing responsibilities. This little habit gets ingrained into our lives very quickly and gives us the sense of not being alone in any situation, may it be a tough one or even just cleaning the dishes (which CAN be a tough one sometimes)!
5. Sweet NothingsOf course they love each other and they know that, but still giving each other little compliments is a great habit to have! It doesn't even have to be major, just appreciating the way they've done their hair or how funny the joke they told you was… It instantly makes their mood lighter!
6. Side By SideIt's a very small thing, but happy couples match their pace. Literally and metaphorically! You'll notice they'll always walk alongside each other and they even try to follow this in life situations. They help the other cope in the face of difficult situation by being by their side.
7. No Phones! Our lives have become dependent on our phones these days, but that never comes between a happy couple. When they're with their partners, they don't even hear that "ting" of their WhatsApp messages. And when they do, it's like a reminder to put the phones on silent to appreciate their time together.
8. "You And Me" TimeBeing able to hang out in a group is very important for every relationship, but not when it takes away from quality alone time together. Happy couples make sure they spend time just with each other, whether it’s on dates or even just watching their favorite shows together.
9. No Sleeping On It!Fights are a part of every relationship, but every happy couple has a way to make sure they don't do that much harm. One great habit to have is to never go to sleep angry with your partner. Don't sleep on the fight, it only lets things brew for a longer time. Talk, talk a lot, but either finish the fight or amicably agree to disagree about some things.
10. Saying ItNot leaving things unsaid. Thinking it's obvious, thinking it should be assumed… Never depend on that. Proclaim your love, as much as you like, as many times as you want! One never tires of hearing it, trust us.GIFs: Tumblr