Being an older sister, you’ve probably always thought yourself to be the one who teaches rather than the one who learns. From maths problems to dealing with boy troubles, you’ve always had your baby sister’s back, even if she loves annoying you. Who knew that you would end up learning so many cool things from her? We give you a few things you would have never learnt if it hadn’t been for her. It turns out, your little sister is actually pretty wise, though you’ll never tell her that of course!
1. To Not Be So JudgyShe’s probably told you before how judgmental you are and you’ve learnt to be less thanks to her. She’s spent her whole life watching and listening to all the silly crazy things you’ve done and has never, ever judged you once.
2. You Only Fight With The People You LoveThat explains all those dramatic screaming matches and days you’ve spent not talking to each other just because she stained your favourite top.
3. You Can Actually Be Prouder Of Someone Else, Even More Than Yourself Now you understand how your parents felt when either of you graduated, got your first job, got promoted or got married.
4. How To Be Patient
Her spoilt brat behavior can often drive you mad, but it’s also helped you become a more patient, calmer person.
5. Watching TV And Doing Nothing Is Not As Fun When You’re AloneWatching Friends, Gossip Girl and all your shows is way more fun when she’s watching next to you.
6. She Makes You Realise That You Actually Have Gotten Wiser With Age (Even If You Don’t Feel It)When she needs advice about dealing with her boss or her fight with her bestie, you always manage to give her helpful pearls of wisdom. Sometimes you even surprise yourself with how awesome you are at giving killer advice!
7. She Taught You To ShareFrom your toys to your room. You’ve realized the hard way that your wardrobe actually isn’t just ‘your’ wardrobe.
8. She's Your Fashion Icon
Sure, she used to love imitating you as a kid, but now she keeps you updated on all the trends and somehow manages to make your clothes look trendier!!
9. It’s Okay To Not Give A Damn
Maybe it’s because your parents weren’t as strict with her as with you, but your little sister can teach you a thing or two about living on your own terms and not worrying about what other people think.
10. She Helps You Make Better Decisions You’re her role model and the person she’s always looked up to. That alone is enough to push you into making the right choices in life.
11. How To Be A Good ListenerShe’s grown up listening to you chatter on about life. Even those late night conversations in bed next to each other was mostly you going on about your friends and boyfriends. And who else would you vent to about how unreasonable your parents were during those teen years? Thanks to her you’ve realized the importance of just being there and listening.
12. To Just LaughWhen she’s around, things are more hilarious. She helps you laugh at yourself and helps you lighten up when you’re in a dark mood. Seriously, life was pretty boring till she came about. Shh, don’t tell her that but!
13. How Not To Handle Your Parents Your deadline was 11 pm whereas she coolly walks in at 2 am. She clearly knows how to deal with your parents way better than you!
14. To Be Protective
You don’t know true protectiveness till some snooty girl messes with your baby sister or some jerk breaks her heart.
15. Being More Responsible From babysitting the little monster to having her tag along when you go out, you’ve always had to look after her and learnt to be the responsible one from a young age.
16. You’re Better Equipped To Be A Mom As an elder sister, you’ve pretty much done it all in terms of taking care of another human. In fact, she even calls you her second mummy.
17. To Love Unconditionally You may have loved to annoy and bully her when you were younger, but she’s the person who’s taught you that it’s possible to love someone even more than you love yourself. You share so much more with her than a last name and the same nose, you share a special bond that you cherish forever.GIFs: Tumblr
HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 11 Things Your Older Sibling Was SO Right About!MUST-READ: THIS Is Why Every Girl Needs An Older Sister In Her Life!