Gujaratis and Marwaris, two communities that have too much in common, given the colourful states they come from, isn’t that obvious? Read on to find out more about what connects these two so seamlessly!
1. Communal livingWe eat together, think together, live together in big groups and we love each other a bit too much. It’s all about moving around in groups for us.
2. The most colourful weddings you will ever witness are...Ours, of course. From the decor to the clothes to the bling to the food. Nobody can compete with us on that front!
3. Our belief in vegetarianismFrom our hearts, we love our vegetarian delicacies, obviously because we do those really well!
Come to our house and you will be surprised at the variety of food available, that too all VEG!
4. Talk about our tip-top clothes!Those gorgeous mirrored lehengas with the backless cholis and the beautiful leheriyas in vibrant colours, we know how to turn out all bright and gorgeous!
5. Entrepreneurship swims in our bloodThere has to be a reason why the likes of Kumar M. Birla and Mukesh Ambani are featured in the Forbes' billionaires list ever so often!
6. We start super youngRight from our bachpan we are taught the values about our customs, given appropriate training about our businesses, and so on and so forth! We’re even encouraged to marry early. :P
7. The long-lasting festival celebrations...We don’t have one day events, we have a week or two of crazy festivities that we look forward to! Garbas and the other group folk dances during navratras are a must!
8. We are superheroes when it comes to money management..Money coming in doesn’t leave us very easily and we are pros at bargaining - but when it comes to spending on the “right” kind of things, we don’t hold back!
9. We love to have guests over! Because we like to feed them and talk about their families and their experiences and feed them some more….
10. Our ancestors spoke the same language tooMarwari and Gujarati come from the same Western-Indo Aryan language! It’s just been dissected and transformed and has evolved into the two present day languages!
11. We are explorers of the real kind! Obviously, we go where the work opportunities are. Even if that’s to random unexplored places. If we see potential, we move! GIFs: GiphyHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 15 Reasons Every Girl Needs A Gujju Friend!MUST-READ: “Zara Bhujiya Laana!” This Is What It’s Like To Grow Up Marwari!