Listen, girls, enough and more has been said about us growing/ metamorphosing/ evolving into beautiful and confident women in our 20s. But we all know that’s just glorifying one of the most turbulent periods of our lives. No one ever talks about *all* the things that take us by surprise in our 20s! Like, seriously, a little heads up would have been nice.
1. Sudden rise of grey hair on our heads
Wait, wasn’t this supposed to happen much, much later?
2. Cellulite problems
*Talks to own thighs* Okay, this cannot be happening to us!
3. The complexity that comes into friendships
Why is everyone always busy? Can we please go back to being children?!
4. Developing a bullshit detector!
Seriously, girl, I can see through your Frenemy act from a mile away!
5. Equation with parents
Wait, am I imagining this or my parents are actually really cool people? *Weird*
6. No time to do ANYTHING!
Where is my time GOING? I don’t get it!
7. Dating gets wayyy more complicated!
Where is the manual? How does everyone know the rules? WTF is happening?!
8. Hangovers are a permanent part of your life
Great stories for the grandkids though!
9. It suddenly seems like EVERYONE is getting married.
What is this? Some kind of epidemic?
10. Sudden awareness about money!
No way, I can’t really be spending *that* much.
11. The need to buy makeup all the time.
What’s an eyebrow corrector kit? Yes, I’d like to buy it. Thankyouverymuch!
12. Taste for the arts really starts to change!
But I loved that new movie; it had such a beautiful yet deep meaning.
13. The way we use social media changes too.
Check in to *every* place? No thanks!
14. The sudden need to develop new skills.
Need to learn how to cook. What if Maggi is banned again? *Shudder*
15. Constant rollercoaster of emotions!
Why am I getting so emotional – I was just laughing a minute ago! Ah well.
HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!
MUST-READ: The 20s Story: 19 Things You MUST Do With Your Besties!
MUST-READ: 10 Things To Do In Your 20s To Make Your 30s Awesome!
Published on Dec 16, 2015