Shocking and hard to believe, but having oily skin is actually a good thing! It has tons of benefits which tend to go unnoticed.
It has certain plus points that are not only known to protect your skin from environmental factors, but also give your skin a flawless complexion. If you’re a girl who has oily skin, fret no more! Here are 7 reasons why having oily skin is actually a boon.
1. Be Forever Young!
If you’ve noticed, people who have dry skin age faster. On the contrary, oily skin does the opposite. Interestingly, it camouflages fine lines and wrinkles because it has small amounts of anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties! Dry skin
is much more prone to wrinkles than oily skin. The vitamin E found in sebum acts as a protective layer that protects your skin from the harsh UV rays, dust, bacteria, and other environmental stressors. It’s like a blessing in disguise.
2. Welcome, Baby Soft Skin You don’t need to invest in a moisturizer or a cream to soften the texture of your skin, the oil on your skin is 100% natural. It’s responsible for making your skin smooth and baby soft. It will keep your skin moisturized and protect it from dryness and harmful pollutants.
3. Hide No More From The Sun
You never have to worry about running out of sunscreen
, because oily skin acts like a natural barrier against the sun. When your skin is moist, it tends to burn less. The sun’s harmful rays have a lesser impact on your delicate skin. Don’t stop using products which contain SPF though. The more protection, the better!
4. Tough Luck, Pollution!One of the biggest advantages of having oily skin is that it keeps the pollution away. It does not give the bacteria and dust a chance to settle on your skin to damage it. Keep washing your skin on and off to lower the chances of skin damage.
5. Skin Hydration Guaranteed
The more you sweat, the more water you consume! This indirectly keeps you hydrated at all times. To lessen the chances of acne, use wet wipes. These babies will clear your face from the grime, bacteria and dust out there. Drink as much water as you can as it will reward you with moist and hydrated skin in the end.
6. Vibrant Glow AlwaysLook at it this way, there are tons of women who splurge on expensive products to make their skin glow. You on the other hand, have it for FREE! If you take care of your skin that is, you could have a dewy and youthful appearance easily.
7. Makeup Lasts Longer
Did you know that oily skin makes your makeup stick longer on your skin? Well, that’s true! It helps balance makeup application, and gives your skin a natural look. You also don’t need to apply heavy foundation
, face compact powder will absolutely do the needful.Images: Shutterstock
HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 16 Things Only People with Oily Skin Will UnderstandMUST-READ: #RealGirlBeauty: How To Care For Oily Skin