There are many schools of thought which believe that your bra straps showing through is not a big deal - and we do not disagree. Not at all. After all, it’s your choice! However, there are situations when you’re wearing a killer backless dress to a very important occasion, or you’re wearing a casual racer-back top...and your bra straps poking through them does make your outfit look untidy. So to avoid awkwardness in those situations, we bring to you some tips on how to hide bra straps!
Hacks To Efficiently Hide Bra StrapsNo longer do you need to worry about your bra strap peeking out from under your top, for our handy hacks on how to hide bra strap will take care of all your strappy problems!
1. For Tank Tops: Sew A Strap HolderTo prevent your bra straps from sliding off your shoulder and peeking out, sew tiny strap holders on the inside of your top so your strap stays in place...and they will not fall off, no matter how much you move! Watch this video to see how you can make a strap holder at home.
2. For Racerbacks: Paper Clips To The Rescue!If you’re wearing a racer-back top and you don’t want your bra straps to be awkwardly visible from the sides of the racerback, then this simple hack will fix that for you. Take a paper clip and pull both the straps at the back and fasten them together, and you now longer have to worry about how to hide bra straps. There are bra clips available in the market, but if you cannot find one, paper clips to the rescue!
3. Sew Cups Into Strapless DressesIf you’re wearing a strapless dress, wearing a strapless bra is the only option. But if you’re just not that into strapless bras and you fear they might slip down (it happens!), just sew cups on the inside of your dress. This way you won’t have to worry about your bra straps - or a bra at all!
4. Converter Straps For Low BacksFor dresses and tops with low backs, buy a bra with a convertible strap. These straps pull the band of your bra down towards your tummy and secure it in place with bra clasps the same way a normal bra would at the back.
There are a number of bras with convertible straps available in the market, like this one we love - here! Investing in something like this will no longer have you worrying about how to hide bra straps. Now show off that sexy back, why don’t you?!
5. Transparent Straps For Spaghetti Tops
We all love donning our spaghetti tops, don’t we? Especially when it’s the peak of summers and we can’t wait to show off our shoulders! But if you’re worrying about how to hide bra straps on shoulders that are so flawlessly sculpted, then all you need to do is invest in some transparent bra straps. All you need to do is to replace your regular bra straps with transparent ones and you’re good to go!
6. To Perfect That Off ShoulderWho doesn’t love wearing off-shoulder and cold shoulder numbers? While a strapless bra is the best way to go about with it, it also tends to slip from underneath your top, thus causing you reason for much distress. Well, all you need to do is to secure your bra with a convertible strap to keep if from slipping.You can get a convertible strap from any garment store, all you need to do is to wrap it around beneath your caps and it will keep the bra from slipping! That’s all you need when it comes to the question of how to hide bra straps with off shoulders.
7. To Sport The Backless LookThere is something incredibly sexy about backless dresses that makes them so irresistible to buy, and why shouldn’t you! We believe that your bra situation should be the last thing preventing you from getting an outfit that looks absolutely fab on you. So, we’ve got an option for you! Simply chuck your regular bra for some silicone cups or stick-on bras and then kill your backless look!
Some Handy Tips To Make Sure You Look Your Best!
Now bras are not all about straps, they are a lot more about their fit and colour! So apart from our pointers on how to hide bra straps, here are some handy bra tips to help you give your outfit a more defined finish!
1. Match ColoursThe easiest way to make sure your strap is not prominently visible in case it’s sticking out is to wear matching colours. Match the colour of your bra with your T-shirt or dress. That way, even if you are wearing a sleeveless top or dress, your bra will blend into your outfit seamlessly!
2. Nude Is Always RightThis is IT. The nude bra is the ultimate saviour and something every girl should have in her closet. A nude bra is always the right choice to wear with white tops or dresses. If you’re wearing sheer or thin fabric, then always opt for nude bras inside of white or any other colour. A nude bra is almost invisible almost any item of clothing!
3. Look For The Perfect FitThis is the most obvious thing, but sometimes we tend to overlook the obvious. Always make sure that you’re wearing a bra that is perfect for you. Make time and effort to know the right shape and size you should be wearing. Sometimes the wrong cup size will ruin your entire outfit and make your straps not sit on your shoulders perfectly, no matter how much you tighten it. So always be sure of your size and buy the perfect bra.Yes, looking for the right bra is a lot of effort, but all the hard work is worth it when your bra complements your look. So go ahead and look your fabulous best ladies!Images: ShutterstockHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 5 AMAZING Bra Hacks That Will Make Every Girl’s Life Easier!MUST-READ: #InsideStory: 5 Bra Secrets For The A Cup Ladies!This story was updated in April 2019.