A big glass of red wine has been a personal favourite for many out there. It’s not only a delicious alcoholic drink, it’s also packed with tons health benefits. Consumed in moderation, it’s known to help manage blood sugar levels, promote good sleep, protects your teeth from decay and lower the risk of heart disease. Interestingly, it also makes for a fabulous beauty product for your hair and skin. So ladies, what are you waiting for? Raise your glass to stronger hair and flawless skin. Cheers!
1. It Gives Your Skin A Radiant Glow!Believe it or not, but red wine has the power to stimulate blood flow, remove dead skin cells, and moisturize your skin. All these three factors are responsible for making your skin glow. All you have to do is learn how to make a face mask. Trust us, it’s very easy! You need wine, yogurt, honey and green tea. Mix all these ingredients well and stir till they blend. Now, dip a ball of cotton or a brush into it and spread the mix evenly on your neck and face. Keep it on for 5-10 minutes and wash it off with chilled water. You’ll instantly start to feel the difference!
2. It Keeps Acne At BayDid you know that wine has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that prevent unwanted breakouts? It also unclogs pores, kills bacteria and protects your skin. Dip a ball of cotton into a bowl of wine. Gently swipe the soaked ball over your acne and let it rest there for 5-8 minutes. You can then wash it off with lukewarm water.
3. It Provides Sun ProtectionUsing your trusty sunscreen and sipping on a glass of red wine can actually save your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Because this yummy drink contains flavonoids and amino acids that aids your skin in protecting itself from the sun.
4. It Does Away With Dandruff
Do you suffer from dandruff and an itchy scalp? Don’t worry, just use some red wine! It improves the blood circulation in the scalp. You can apply it directly to wet hair and leave it soak into your hair follicles and scalp. Wash it off after 10-15 minutes. You have to try it to believe it!
5. It Makes Your Hair Healthy And GlossyRed wine contains a polyphenol compound called resveratrol. This very compound is responsible for strengthening hair, improving its texture and preventing it from getting damaged. After shampooing your hair, mix a little bit of red wine with your conditioner and rinse your hair.
6. It Provides Nourishment To Your Skin
Does your skin feel dry and rough sometimes? That’s because it lacks moisture! Red wine’s magical powers is what you need. It not only serves as a natural moisturizer, it also provides your skin with deep nourishment. You can either choose to massage your skin with red wine, or you can drink a little bit of it every alternate day. Once applied or consumed, it helps in the formation of new layers of skin cells. And this new skin acts as a barrier against dirt and germs. Why not give it a shot soon?
7. It Improves Skin Complexion And TextureIf you want to hydrate your skin and improve your skin’s texture and complexion, red wine is what you need! It has antioxidant properties that take care of your skin. Make a face mask using just 3 ingredients - eggs, red wine and honey. Make sure all the ingredients are well blended and apply it to your skin. Keep it on for 10-15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
8. It Fights Fine Lines And Ageing
Sipping on a glass of wine is like drinking your way to youth. This drink actually slows down the ageing process of the cutaneous tissue and protects your skin from bacteria, pollution and free radicals. It also makes your skin baby soft and smooth by increasing the elasticity of the skin and banishing wrinkles and fine lines. Now you have a good reason to drink a glass of red wine practically every day!Images: ShutterstockHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: Some (Surprisingly!) Amazing Beauty Benefits of Green TeaMUST-READ: 7 Surprising Ways Coffee Makes You Prettier!