For most of us, bananas play an important part in our diet. This yummy, yellow fruit is packed with nutrients, vitamins and potassium, which are extremely useful for your body. Apart from its health benefits, it also makes a great energy snack and, surprisingly, has amazing beauty benefits for your skin and hair. If you want a flawless complexion and strong hair, you’ve got to give bananas a chance. Get ready to go bananas, ladies, with these 7 beauty benefits of bananas!
1. Want Smooth Skin? No Problem!Bananas contain vitamin C and B6, which are responsible for keeping your skin hydrated and moist. All you have to do is cut a single banana into tiny pieces, and mash it up. Add a tablespoon of honey to the paste and generously apply it to your skin. Keep it on for about 10-15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. You’ll notice the difference in your skin’s velvety texture after washing it off.
2. Banish Scars, Blemishes And AcneThe vitamin C in bananas helps lighten skin tone, soothes skin irritation and erases blemishes. To get rid of acne, you’ll have to learn how to make a banana mask first. The ingredients can be easily found in your kitchen. To make the mask, you’ll have to make a paste of bananas, add a tablespoon of milk, a teaspoon of white sugar and a tablespoon of oatmeal. Blend all of them well in a container. You can use a brush or your bare fingertips to apply it on your skin. The sugar and oatmeal act as a natural scrub that not only removes dead skin cells but also provides deep cleansing for your pores.
3. Rescue Those Cracked HeelsSometimes, getting regular pedicures is not enough for keeping your feet healthy and smooth. You need a natural remedy to rescue your feet! If you ask us, bananas are an excellent choice. It not only repairs damaged skin, but it also makes your skin feel baby soft. Mash two ripe bananas and apply it over your cracked feet. Put your socks on and leave the pulp to dry and soak into your skin. Remove your socks after 10 minutes and wash it off.
4. Stay Forever YoungBelieve it or not, but bananas are loaded with antioxidants and precious nutrients that help reverse the aging process by getting rid of wrinkles and fine lines. Mash 2 ripe bananas, add a scoop of yoghurt, and a couple of drops of almond oil and blend well. Apply it on your skin and neck. Wait for the mask to harden till you wash it off with lukewarm water. Using a towel, pat dry after.
5. Those Dreamy, Glossy LocksFor damaged and dull hair, banana pulp is the best. It contains nutrients and vitamins that improve hair texture, repair damaged hair, and strengthen hair follicles. To get the most out of bananas,make a natural hair conditioner out of it! You’ll need to blend ripe banana pulp, a scoop of avocado, and a tablespoon of coconut milk. After shampooing your hair, run the conditioner through your hair. Keep it on for 5-8 minutes and wash it off with chilled water.
6. It Fights Dandruff And An Itchy ScalpGetting rid of dandruff and an itchy scalp is a common problem we girls face. It’s time to put an end to the problem once and for all! (without the use of products and chemicals). The rich nutritional properties of bananas is what your hair requires the most. After shampooing your hair, apply a paste made from ripe bananas and honey. Keep your shower cap on and leave the paste to soak into your roots for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water after.
7. Puffy Skin and Tired Eyes? What’s That?Puffy skin and tired eyes are signs of stress. No girl deserves this, and bananas will agree to that fact! You don’t necessary have to make a paste of it, you can go ahead and eat it! The potassium in it helps balance electrolyte levels in your body and your retina fluids. While it rejuvenates skin it also and improves the quality of sleep. It’s like you can now eat your way to a prettier you every day!Images: ShuttestockHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 15 Beauty Experiments You Must Try At Least ONCE In Your Life!MUST-READ: 7 Surprising Ways Coffee Makes You Prettier!