It’s been a whole year. A year of getting to know each other better, a year of love, sweet nothings and first festivals. If you two don’t want to hit an exotic locale to celebrate the first year anniversary, here are other super (and romantic!) ways to surprise him.
1. Candlelight romanceNot the basic dinner date, but a private candlelight dinner just for the two of you. It’s super easy to arrange and is the perfect romantic time out. Pick out a restaurant of your choice and ask them to book you a secluded table, or a private room if they have one. Pre-order your husband’s favourite drink and starters. Ask for a chef’s special dessert, a guitarist by your side and fresh flowers. Lodi - The Garden Restaurant (cost for two, Rs 3,000) and Cherie (cost for two, Rs 3,500) would be our top picks in Delhi. Head straight to Asilo - The St. Regis (cost for two, Rs 3,500) or Bungalow 9 (cost for two, Rs 3,000 ) in Mumbai.
2. Up in the airIn a hot air balloon, just you and him. Sounds like the most romantic thing, no? Make it happen! Book yourself a hot air balloon ride here. The port is located near Gurgaon and operates between September and March. The flight time varies from 40 to 60 minutes and costs approximately Rs 20,000 for a couple. Hold him tight and watch the rising sun together up in the heights.
3. A movie hall, all to yourselfIf you two are big movie buffs then make this the most memorable movie time of your life. Book an entire hall for just the two of you and watch your favourite movie in full privacy. Add a bit of romance by preparing a short video for your hubby to be played before to the actual movie. You can DIY it too! Record a video message, follow it with pictures of the two of you, a snippet from your wedding video and messages from your dear ones. Charges depend on the movie hall, so you’ll have to do your bit of planning for this.
4. Through the vineyardsMake your first-anniversary special by taking a tour of Nashik’s lush green vineyards. Roam through the wineries of Sula, York, Valle De Vin or a boutique winery coupled with a wine tasting session. Stay a night at Beyond Resort by Sula and fly back home refreshed from the exotic experience. Book your package here.
5. Elvis on callPlanning to ditch work and snuggle at home for the anniversary? Add a hint of romance with a singer at your doorstep. The bell rings and your hubby answers to find a guitarist with a bouquet of red roses and a love note by you. This is followed by a romantic song, live! You can book the experience here (Rs 3,899, available throughout India).
6. Free flying adventureAre you adventure junkies? In Delhi, indulge in the new sport of paramotoring with your hubby. You’ll be securely strapped onto a seat with an experienced pilot for a flight of about 6 to 8 kms. It’s just like flying like a bird! Make sure you capture it on both video and pics. Book your package here (cost for two, Rs 9,500).
7. Spa zoneThe first year of marriage can be quite a whirlwind. What better way to celebrate the first anniversary than with a rejuvenating spa-cation? It’s not like hitting the spa in your city but visiting a destination spa resort. Devaaya Ayurvedic Retreat in Goa offers Ayurveda and nature cure therapies. The packages start at Rs 14,520 per night, including diet and therapies for two. In Delhi, The Westin Sohna Resort and Spa is another great option with room rates starting at Rs 10,500.
8. Sail away!Wake him up with a letter that says, “Be ready by 6 because we are going to sail away!” Imagine this: you’re lying on a yacht, gazing at clear skies while you sail the seas. Request the crew members to cater you some yummy bites and wine, or bring along a basket yourself. The sailing time lasts 2 hours and costs approximately Rs 5,000 (only in Mumbai). You can book it here.GIFs: Tumblr, GiphyHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 8 Things You Must Try In Your Relationship (At Least Once!!)
MUST-READ: #HappyTogether: 7 Things About Your Partner You Should Accept!
MUST-READ: 15 Wedding Anniversary Gifts Your Husband Will Totally LOVE!