Skipping breakfast regularly? Bad idea! A nourishing brekkie is very essential to fuel your activities through the day and also to keep your weight and mood in check. Yes, women who eat breakfast regularly tend to have a lower body weight as compared to those who skip breakfast. Now, you can also add taste to your weight management regime. We urged the nice people at Kellogg’s to share their expertise with us and they revealed 4 brilliant brekkie recipes which help introduce Kellogg’s Special K in your diet in a delicious way. What’s more? You can make all of these in fewer than 20 minutes and they’re all super-duper delicious. So now, you can make your diet interesting with these lip-smacking recipes.
1. Special K Baked Yogurt with Berries
- 1 cup Special K, crushed
- 320 gms Hung yogurt
- ¾ cups Fresh cream
- ¾ cups Condensed milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
Total Time: 15 minutes
- In a baking dish put crushed special K at the bottom
- Combine all remaining ingredients together. Whisk well to avoid lumps. Strain if necessary.
- Pour in a baking dish.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170 C for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool and garnish with special k and berries
2. Banana Mango and Kellogg's Special K Pancake
- 1 cups Kellogg's Special K, grind to a powder
- 1/2 cup Plain flour
- 1no Ripe banana sliced
- 1no Mango, peeled, sliced
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla essence
- ¾ - 1 cups Low fat milk
- to serve: Honey
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Blend mango and banana with a little milk in a food processor to get a puree.
- Add Kellogg's Special K powder, plain flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla essence and remaining milk in the above fruit puree. Mix well to get batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a nonstick pan. Grease it and then wipe clean with a tissue. Remove pan from the heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of pancake batter and spread it lightly like a dosa. Return to heat. Cover the pan with a lid. Leave for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Uncover and turn it. Let it cook for 1 minute.
3. Spicy Special K Upma
- 2 cups crushed Special K
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Dry red chili
- 2 tbsp Split garam dal
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- ¼ tsp Finely chopped, Green chilies
- ¼ cups Small cubes, Carrots
- ¼ cups French beans
- 1 Medium chopped Onion
- ¼ cups Corn kernels
- ½ Lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsbp Chopped Fresh coriander leaves
Total Time: 20 minutes
Heat oil in heavy bottomed kadhai. Crackle some mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry red chili, split gram dal.
- Now sautee some onions until light brown. Add vegetables and keep stirring for 2 minutes on low flame. Add hot water and salt.
- Add Special K crushed; keep stirring continuously.
- Stir fry upma for 2-3 minutes till dry. Turn off the flame and add lime juice and garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.
4. Kellogg's Special K Yogurt Banana Honey Cups
- 1 cup Kellogg's Special K, crushed
- 1 cup Hung yogurt
- 1 tbsp Castor sugar
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp Honey
Total Time:15 minutes
So go on, try one of these and begin your day on a delectable note and begin your journey towards weight management. For a complete list of wholesome and absolutely yummy recipes from Kellogg’s Special K click here.
Featured Image: Shutterstock
- Spoon a layer of the Kellogg's Special K in a bowl or jar.
- Whisk together the yogurt, cardamom powder and add this mixture on top of the Special K layer.
- Now add the sliced bananas and honey.
- Repeat the steps till you reach the brim.
*This is a sponsored post for Kellogg’s Special K
Published on Nov 16, 2015