Loving someone who doesn’t love you back is hard. “Unrequited love”, as they call it, can be extremely painful. Whether it’s an ex or a guy who was an “almost lover”, there are ways to deal with the situation and move ahead in life. Here are a few simple things to do to give yourself that push you to finally stop caring so much!
1. Get rid of the stuff that reminds you of him all the time
Like all those pictures on your phone you keep looking at. That sweet text from him you still read every once in a while. Or even that favourite song of his you have on repeat! Just don’t do it. Get rid of all this extra baggage and allow yourself the chance to move on.
2. Take some time away from himJust getting rid of stuff that reminds you of him is not enough. Cut off for a little while. Give yourself some space and time away from this person. You need some time to clear your head and accept the situation. Having him around you all the time will make that all the more difficult. Give yourself time before you try out the “just friends” thing!
3. Vent about how you feel to your bestie!
We all do from time to time need to let out how we’re feeling and just vent. Discussing the situation with your besties and getting their support will make you feel stronger and encourage you to actually take that step forward. It becomes much simpler to move on when you have your best friends by your side!
4. Experiment with a new look!It may not sound like a very big deal, but changing your look can actually change a lot! You’re stepping into a new phase of your life and letting go of someone you thought you were in love with. Feeling good about yourself and experimenting a little will help boost your confidence!
5. Amp up your daily routine
Keep yourself busy and experiment not only with your look but also your lifestyle! Pick up a new hobby, try engaging in new and exciting activities! Focus on a part of yourself you haven’t been able to in a while. There is so much you can do instead of sitting in your room and feeling sorry for yourself. So get out there and have fun!
6. Don’t waste your time trying to make him feel bad!Don’t try and make him feel sorry or try to get back at him. Don’t waste your energy trying to prove a point or even running behind him. If it's a closed chapter and he’s already acknowledged that he doesn't feel the same way, there is no point holding on.
7. Be open to meeting new people
Go out there and socialise. Don’t reject every guy your friends try and introduce to you. Give other people a chance. You may still be hung up on him and it might take time to completely move on, but meeting someone you may actually like will make you feel better about life and less hopeless!
Images: Giphy and TumblrMUST-READ: Dear Ex, 13 Things You Should Do For The Next Girl You DateMUST-READ: 13 Signs He’s Just Not That Into You