It’s amazing how the shape and size of our brows can completely change up our appearance. From Alia’s sleek brows to Deepika’s groomed dark brows, take some brow-spiration from these bombshells. We promise it will bring a flawless touch to your face.
A Few Must-Know Brow Tips
You can maintain perfectly groomed brows by threading, tweezing or waxing.
- Just remember to go to a professional and stick to one person who is familiar with the way you like your brows groomed.
- If you have sparse brows, castor oil is your BFF for thicker, darker brows.
- If you want those bombshell brows to look even better, consider investing in a good brow gel, powder, pen or pencil to fill them in and help them look bold a la Cara Delavigne. You need to figure out what shade and texture works best for you.
Finding The Best Shape For Your Eyebrows
Without sacrificing their natural appearance is what you want to accomplish when shaping your brows.
- The conventional way of getting the right shape is by placing a pencil on the outside corner of the nostril taking it all the way up to the forehead. The point where the pencil meets the forehead is considered as ‘ideal’ brow point (where your brows begin). You can do the same on the other side of your nostril to determine the gap between your brows. This will not always work for you. Everyone has different nose shapes and sizes; if you have a large nose you may end up spacing your brows too far apart with this technique. This will end up making your nose look bigger! So think before you pick your brow technique.
- Depending on how wide or narrow you want your nose to look, pick the gap between brows accordingly. A larger gap will make your nose look wider; a smaller gap will make your nose look narrow. You can use an eyebrow pencil to draw over your brows; try a few options to see what works best for your face.
- For all those beginners out there, a spoon is a quick and easy way to determine the right shape for your brows. Hold the spoon over your eye as reference and trace the curve below your eyebrow. This will be where your arch should be. Finish off with some light concealer or highlighter on your brow bone for more oomph!
Get Those Bombshell Brows
Just try these few easy tips for threading, waxing or tweezing.
Possibly the most common and precise method of grooming your eyebrows and this will not irritate your skin - just keep a few things in mind.
1. Visit a reputed salon with a person familiar with brow threading.
2. Start with a bare, freshly cleansed face.
3. Communicate clearly to the aesthetician the desired brow shape. Also let them know how thin or thick you want your eyebrows to be.
4. Ice the area once you are done threading to close your pores and soothe your skin.
5. Wait about two hours before you applying anything on your eyebrows, including eyebrow cleansers, moisturizers or makeup, as this could make bacteria enter your open pores.
Tweezing is the best option for accuracy and to prevent mistakes.
1. Before you tweeze, press a warm washcloth to your brows to relax the follicles. Once you're done tweezing, hold an ice pack to the area to help fight inflammation.
2. Trace the shape you’re aiming for around your brows with an eyebrow pencil or a lip pencil before you pluck, this way you won’t overdo it.
3. Once the shape is drawn on, tweeze any hairs that fall outside the line of the brow.
4. Use a magnifying mirror, so you can see each hair clearly.
5. Brush the brows upwards using an old mascara wand and then begin plucking.
6. Always pluck underneath the arch and not above.
7. Step back from the mirror periodically to check your progress.
8. Using a small brow comb, comb the beginning of your brows upwards and trim the excess hair. Don’t do this unless you absolutely have to. Fuller brows look great.
PS - The best tweezers are the ones from Revlon or Tweezerman. And if you want tweezers with some swag, head to Forever21.
Waxing is an option for some women with thick brows. Its quick and hurts less; but it's hard to control the wax. You may inadvertently remove the wrong hairs and botch up your entire look. We really suggest you give this method a skip!
Images: Shutterstock, Viral Bhayani
HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!
MUST-READ: #OnFleek: 8 Easy Ways To Get Thick, Bold Brows!
MUST-READ: #SexyEyes: 6 AWESOME Ways To Get Longer Looking Lashes!
Published on Nov 25, 2015