Your twenties is a magical, rollercoaster ride of balancing responsibilities and fun. And as much as we like to believe we can party like there’s no tomorrow at the age of 21, by the time 25 rolls around you realize you couldn’t have been more wrong. From drinking to getting ready, there’s a marked difference in how much things change in a few short years. We give you what going out is like in your early 20s versus your late 20s. Nevertheless, we still let our hair down no matter what age and have a total ball. Cheers to that and to the best years of our lives!
1. Friday Night Means…In Your Early 20s:It’s time to get wasted! Shots, shots, shots!In Your Late 20s:11.30 pm? It’s bedtime! You’re SO exhausted after this past week.
2. What Should You Wear?In Your Early 20s:Your shortest, tightest spandex dress. Basically, ‘keep the clothing to the minimal’ is your and your friends’ dress code. Oh and those 4-inch heels of course!In Your Late 20s:Being comfy is more important but that doesn’t mean you can’t dress well. Skinny jeans and a sequinned top or a cute flowy dress are your go-tos. Anything you can breathe in and feel good in all night.
3. When Someone Invites You To A Mid-Week PartyIn Your Early 20s:Wooo! The weekend came early.In Your Late 20s:Unless it’s your closest friend’s birthday, there’s no chance you’re making it. And even if you somehow do, you still manage to be home and in bed by 1 am. How else are you supposed to concentrate at work the next day?
4. When Someone Invites You To Sunday BrunchIn Your Early 20s:Tell them you’ll be there, but end up having a raging Saturday night and just can’t wake up in time, no matter how many times your alarm snoozes.In Your Late 20s:You love brunch plans. You decide what to wear much in advance and reach on time, ready to sip on mimosas. Drinking in the day has a totally different charm to it, don’t you think?
5. Ordering A DrinkIn Your Early 20s: Whichever has the most alcohol in it and gets you drunk faster. Shots, shots, shots!In Your Late 20s:A comforting glass of white wine or your favourite scotch. It’s not all about chugging it down for you, you actually savour the taste.
6. Shots, Shots, Shots!In Your Early 20s:EVERYBODY SHOTS!!!!!!! In Your Late 20s:“Shots? No thanks, I’d rather have a proper drink. Plus, I have to get up early.” ... “Fine, if everyone is having one..”.
7. Where Should We Go?In Your Early 20s:“That hip new club with thumping music so we can dance all night. It’s open till 4 am so it’s perfect. But before that, we need to pre-drink!”In Your Late 20s:You have no idea which clubs are hip or not anymore. You prefer going to a fun and familiar bar where you can dance as well as sit down and have a conversation with your gang.
8. What Time Should We Meet?In Your Early 20s:You meet at 10 pm to pre-drink first. Nobody enters the club before 12 anyway!In Your Late 20s:You meet by 9 pm. If you wait any longer you might change your mind about going
out and get into bed instead.
9. The Morning AfterIn Your Early 20s:Hangovers are a myth. You feel completely fine after an alcohol-fuelled night and are already deciding where to go tonight. But only after you give your bestie all the deets about that cute guy who was hitting on you all night.In Your Late 20s:Your head feels like it got hit by a pile of bricks. Ughh! TV and bed is the only POA for the rest of the day.GIFs: Tumblr, GiphyHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: Early 20s Vs Late 20s: THIS Is How Your Love Life Changes!MUST-READ: Early 20s Vs Late 20s: Here’s What REALLY Happens!