And you are SO tired of telling them that you’re just as broke as them! “My dad’s rich, guys, not me!”
5. But they still don’t miss any opportunity to call you a ‘miser’
Even after all those free treats? Some stereotypes never lose hold!
6. You get to be a part of the most grand weddings in town!
It’s an unsaid baniya rule - shaadis HAVE to be grand. All that wealth you store up in life, what better stage to flaunt it at than on your beti ki shaadi?
7. You kinda know that there are high chances you’ll marry a baniya too
‘Coz your relatives will just not have it any other way, making sure that as soon as you hit 22 - they find a suitable baniya groom for you!
8. You just hope your husband is not the ‘stereotype’ baniya guy though
The ‘stereotype’ baniya boy being a total mumma’s boy - and your friends just can’t keep from teasing you about it.
9. Meanwhile many people in your family are trying to trying to crack CA or IAS
Well, what better use to put to that love for balance sheets and profit and loss statements, right?
10. You know your brother is going to end up in the family business
And why wouldn’t he? He’s been trained to join the family business for as long as you can remember! Plus it’s rewarding - but until then, he can chill!
11. Even though you feel you have the ‘biziness keeda’ in you too
It’s in your genes! You know you can kick a profitable business just like those other baniyas - the Ambanis, Mittals, Azim Premji and Kumar Mangalam Birla! We’re a brainy lot and we sure know how to put it to good use.