Has your menstrual cycle been irregular? Don’t worry! We have 8 simple and effective home remedies for irregular periods for you. After all, it’s a very common problem women face today.
The average duration of a woman’s menstrual cycle runs from 21 to 35 days. However, if the interval lasts for over 35 days, and varies from month to month, then you're very likely to be experiencing irregular periods. It can happen due to physical weakness, stress, intense exercising, medical history condition, unhealthy lifestyle choices, intake of periods delay tablets
or oral contraceptive pills Before you pay a visit to the gynae to seek treatment for irregular periods, here is our list of natural home remedies for irregular periods. (Try it to believe it!)
1. Crushed CinnamonCinnamon is believed to increase body heat. This very factor can be very beneficial to reducing menstrual cramps and improving the regularity of your menstrual cycle as cinnamon has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties in it. It also helps with regulating insulin levels as it contains hydroxychalcone. Step 1 - Crush a cinnamon stick and pour the powder into a cup.Step 2 - Add boiling water into the cup and stir well.Step 3 - After 10 minutes, add a tea bag into it and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.Step 4 - Add a teaspoon of sugar or honey to sweeten it. Have this daily.
2. Raw PapayaDid you know that raw papayas can do a fabulous job at normalizing your menstrual cycle? Well, it's true! It has anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve menstrual cramps. It also contains nutrients like iron, carotene, iron, calcium and vitamins A & C. These nutrients ease muscle fiber contractions and soothes the uterine walls. Step 1 - Just a couple of days prior to when your periods are supposed to be due, get your hands on a raw papaya.Step 2 - Cut the fruit into tiny cubes and place them in a bowl.Step 3 - Add a spoonful of yogurt over the sliced fruit pieces.Step 4 - Eat this for breakfast or make it an early evening snack.Also read: 8 Ways To Make Sure Your Period Comes On Time… Every Time!
3. Powdery TurmericWhen it comes to regulating your menstrual cycle and balancing your body’s hormones, turmeric does a fantastic job! Due to its antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties is also reduces menstrual pain.Step 1 - Pour one quarter teaspoon of turmeric into a cup.Step 2 - add a tiny piece of jaggery, a teaspoon of honey and warm milk into the cup.Step 3 - Mix all ingredients well and drink daily.
4. Fresh GingerIf your periods are late and the flow is too light, you need ginger in your life! It not only provides relief from the cramps, it also gets your menstrual cycle back on track. You can either eat it raw or drink its juice. Both alternatives make for an effective home remedy for that irregular period come on time.Step 1 - Grate a whole ginger root and toss its shavings into a steel bowl.Step 2 - Add some water and turn the stove on.Step 3 - Add a teaspoon of sugar to the mix and turn the fire off after 5 minutes.Step 4 - Drink it when it’s hot. Do this daily.Also read: 7 Foods *Every* Girl Should Avoid During Her Period!
5. Natural Fennel SeedFennel seeds aren’t just meant to be used in the kitchen, they have medical properties too! They have emmagonene properties that not only help, but also improve menstrual flow. Step 1 - Drop 2 teaspoons of fennel seeds into a glass of water.Step 2 - Leave it there to soak overnight.Step 3 - In the morning, strain the water by using a strainer and gulp the liquid down. Again, try this every day
Also Read Other Health Benefits Of Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
6. Healthy Bitter GourdYou may not be a fan of its bitter taste, but be rest assured, that this veggie means well. It’s loaded with antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial properties, which are beneficial for your system and help deal with irregular periods. Step 1 - Chop a bitter gourd into half and toss the pieces into a mixer.Step 2 - Churn it till it turns a juice.Step 3 - Add a teaspoon of sugar and drink it immediately.
Also read: period
7. Juicy ParsleyParsley contains apiol which is responsible for regulating and normalizing your menstrual cycle. Drinking a glass of parsley juice every day will make your menstrual cycle turn healthier and organized.Step 1 - Toss parsley and coriander leaves into a juicer.Step 2 - Pour the juice into a glass.Step 3 - Put a teaspoon of sugar to help it taste sweeter.
8. Yummy Sesame SeedsSesame seeds are known to produce heat in the body. This quality helps bring your periods earlier, soothes menstrual cramps and eases muscle fiber contraction.Step 1 - Crush the sesame seeds till it becomes powderyStep 2 - Now, take a tablespoon of honey and pour the powder into the honeyStep 3 - Mix both ingredients well and consume it on a daily basis.Images: Shutterstock