We all pretty much have a fixed beauty routine, but if you never experiment, you could be missing out on so many things that could totally work better for you. Don’t be afraid to indulge yourself and try these things. Some of them may work for you amazingly and some won’t, but that’s okay - at least you would look anything but boring. We give you the ultimate beauty bucket list. You need to smell, splurge, apply and sign up for these things at least once in your life.
1. Find Your Signature Scent
Every woman should have a signature scent that lingers wherever she goes - it’s incredibly sexy. Find one that matches your personality, be it floral and dreamy or strong and bold. One that is love at first whiff for you. Our fave picks would definitely be Chanel No 5 and Chloe Eau De Parfum.
2. Get Bangs
Make the snip and change up your look. It’s annoying to have your hair in your eyes always, but you get used to dealing with it after a few days. A box fringe or wispy, side-swept bangs, whatever suits your face shape – they all look super cute.
3. Try Some DIY Nail ArtYou know those gorgeous nails you’ve been eyeing on Pinterest since forever? Try and give yourself a cute a manicure. Even if you’re not particularly crafty and have unsteady hands, what’s the harm in trying?! Plus, practice makes perfect after all. And you’ll feel super proud of yourself.
4. Get A Facial From An Experienced ProfessionalIf you don’t consult a dermatologist, how else are you supposed to deal with those acne spots that keep coming back or pigmentation marks? Get a skin treatment that is right for you.
5. Find Your Base Soul mateBelieve it or not, but most women use foundation that isn’t right for them. It’s the trickiest makeup product to buy and requires some serious thought at the makeup counter. If you think a particularly brand suits you, then stick to their foundation as well. Get the lady at the makeup counter to try it on your face and go out and check in natural light if it matches your skin tone. Testing it on your hand or wrist is actually a big no-no as it might not match the skin tone on your face.
6. Nail Those Wings At LastIt’s not rocket science. Even if you can’t get them even on both sides, set aside some time and shake off that doubt. The more you do it, the better you’ll get at it - take it from someone with really shaky hands. Start with small flicks and then graduate to longer wings. It’ll change your life! We tell you a few eyeliner hacks every woman should know.
7. Get DIY-ingThere are so many things lying right in your kitchen than could save all your skin woes. Before splurging on pricey products, do a bit of research and try some at-home face masks instead. Avocados, lemons, honey, bananas, eggs, yogurt and milk are some things that can be whipped up into miracle concoctions for most skin care problems.
8. Buy THAT Product You’ve Been Lusting AfterYou’ve been reading about a pricey foundation, your hairstylist has been recommending a fancy shampoo or your friend can’t stop raving up a designer lipstick. If you’ve been thinking about a particular product for long, just treat yourself and buy it. You’ll definitely feel good and chances are it’ll be worth it.
9. Discover Your Perfect RedYes, it’s a cliché, but red lips really can make us feel more confident and sexier than ever. It’s an absolute necessity to find your perfect red. Forget about reading a million articles about undertones and all that, just test out as many as you can to find your perfect match. It’ll be your go-to shade always.
10. Get THAT WaxWhether it’s waxing your face, your back or your bikini area, if you’ve considered it before but never had the guts to do it, then just go for it. Yes, it’ll be painful. And if you’re embarrassed you don’t have to be, your aesthetician has seen it all and done it before for loads of clients before you. Once it’s done, you really will feel amazing.
11. Learn The Art Of No-MakeupThe whole point of makeup is to enhance your beauty and not be overpowering. That fresh-faced, barely-there look will never go out of style, so learn to master the no-makeup makeup look with a routine that shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes. You natural beauty, you!
12. Notch Up Your Brow GameThose threading appointments every few weeks aren’t the only thing you can be doing for gorgeous brows. Your eyebrows can really make a difference to your whole look and help you look well groomed. Make sure they aren’t too thin - remember, bold brows are totally in. Make them better defined by filling them in with some well-blended eyeshadow that isn’t too dark and use a brow comb to help keep them in place.
13. Be A Blow Drying WhizzNot everyone has the time or resources for professional blowouts very often, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get your hair to look good by yourself. Master the at-home blow dry to keep frizz in check and help give you smoother, sleeker strands that will definitely help you feel good. With practice, it shouldn’t take you more than 15 minutes.
14. Explore Anti-AgeingYes, we may be too young for wrinkles, but that doesn’t mean we can afford to be oblivious about our skin growing older. What you do now WILL affect how good or not so-good you will look in the future. Other than your C-T-M routine, it may be wise to buy a good eye cream or face serum to help keep your eyes bright and wrinkle free and your skin fresh and plump always. You’ll thank yourself when you’re 40, believe us.
15. Go On A Major Beauty HaulThere really are certain products that are definitely worth the price tag, which means you deserve to splurge on a few things that will help you look and feel fabulous. A few cult beauty products will see you through many an occasion and will have you looking better than ever. We recommend investing in: Images: ShutterstockMUST-READ: 12 Hairstyle Ideas You Must Try At Least ONCE In Your Life!MUST-READ: 12 Cult Products That MUST Be in Your Beauty Stash!