9 Random Things People Ask When You Start Dating Someone (Uff!)
Like we don’t already have enough drama in our lives to deal with, that people poke us even more with their random questions the minute they discover we have a new love interest in life! To all these annoying questions, here’s what we wish we could say in answer...
1. But, weren’t you with [insert ex’s name]?
Yes, I was. And now I am not. Why are YOU acting so shocked? Get over it, my ex and I have!
2. But he was a great guy, what happened?
It didn’t work out - that’s what happened. And uhm.. yeah, he was a great guy and I am no bitch either. Thanks!
3. So, have you kissed this new guy?
Legit ONLY if my close friends ask me this, otherwise just why should I tell this to any random person and let them judge me even more?!
4. Ooo, big bucks, haan… makes falling in love easier, no?
Wow. You think I am with him for his money. At least now I know what makes falling in love easier for YOU!
5. So you’re serious about him?
I like him enough to date him, but yeah not started dreaming of marriage or naming my kids with him, and that’s kinda fair, don’t you think so?
6. Did he ask you to meet his parents?
We just started dating, dude - I’ll freak out if he asks me to his parents so soon!
7. I have this really cute friend. Do you want me to set you up with him?
What? Why? You know I am in a relationship. Not even funny, really!
8. Your biological clock is ticking, why don’t you settle down with him?
I am sorry I am not gonna get married just for the purpose of adding more kids to this crowded world.
9. But why date someone you won’t/ can’t marry?
Who said you should date only if you can marry the person you’re dating? Uff! And who said that I’m saying no forever and ever? I’ll do stuff in my own time, okay?!