Believe it or not, but your bra has the power to make or break your look. Not matter how well put together your outfit may be, wearing the wrong bra can ruin it all!
Wearing the perfect bra for your outfit is what we’re here to help you with. Read on...
1. For The Love Of T-ShirtsFor the girl who loves her tees, a sassy lace bra won’t do. You need a bra that will compliment your t-shirt and will stay well concealed beneath it. That’s when a seamless padded bra (lighter pads for top-heavy women) comes to your rescue! It’s lightweight, compliments the jersey fabric (most t-shirts are made of a light cotton jersey material) and keeps your twins in shape. POPxo Recommends: Penny Priority Medium Coverage Padded Wirefree Bra With Moderate Push Up (Rs 775), AMANTE Multicolor Non Wired-Padded Bra for Women (Rs 995), AMANTE Pink Padded Moulded Bra for Women (Rs 1,395)
2. To Rock That Backless Dress
A backless dress usually requires a strapless or a stick-on bra that covers up the right areas and leaves your back and shoulders exposed. However, wearing the wrong bra can make your look fall flat (not to mention pad marks on your beautiful bodycon!). Avoid those faux pas, wear the right bra ladies!POPxo Recommends: Heart 2 Heart Black Embellished Non Wired- Padded Bra (Rs 900) Jockey Cotton Rich Padded Underwired Strapless Bra (Rs 869) Penny High Coverage Non Padded Strapless Bra (Rs 895)
3. To Kill The Formal Shirt LookIf you’re a big girl, opt for a minimiser bra, which is designed to compress, support and give a great shape to your breasts. Minimisers go especially well with formal wear, where your look needs to be crisp (no sagging!) and your breasts need to stay firmly in the right place without making your shirt buttons look like they’re about to pop! The straps are wider than regular bras, the thicker fabric gives better support and wide wires around both cups keep things in place. POPxo Recommends: Penny Quattro Support Full Coverage Wired Bra With Side Shaping Panels And Lace Details (Rs 925) Penny Quattro Minimiser Lightly Padded Wirefree Demi Bra (Rs 995), Penny Priority Wirefree Minimiser Bra (Rs 625)
4. For Happy Workout DaysA trusty sports bra will go a long way in giving you the right kind of support while you workout. Depending on the kind of activity (light, heavy, cardio etc) you can pick a sports bra that supports you well. Unlike other bras, a sports bra is sturdier and keeps your breasts from jiggling. Sports bras are also quite comfortable and, depending on the type you buy, it absorbs sweat and keeps discomfort at bay.POPxo Recommends: Jockey Pink Solid Padded Bra (Rs 549), Reebok D Short Pink Bra (Rs 1,215), PrettySecrets Prettysecrets Everyday Showoff Slate Grey Sports Bra (Rs 549).
5. For Plunging NecklinesLove wearing plunging necklines but can’t find the right bra to do justice to it? Don’t stress, we’ve got you covered! A demi bra is a good investment because it highlights your collarbone and reveals just the right amount of cleavage (without peeking out from under your outfit). This bra is fantastic for women with small breasts as it gives the illusion of a bigger cleavage under plunging necklines. POPxo Recommends: Triumph Sizzling Lace Underwired Demi Bra (Rs 1,399), Amante Lace Overlay Lightly Padded Wirefree Demi Bra (Rs 845), Triumph Red Padded Wired Bra for Women (Rs 1,399)
6. To Kill The Indian LookDo you swear by traditional wear? If that’s a nod, the support bra should be your first pick. This must-have for busty women gives those babies a good lift while providing the right amount of support and coverage. This bra is not recommended for plunging sari and kurti necklines.POPxo Recommends: Penny Plus Support Lace Full Coverage Non Padded Wire-Free Non-Stretch Cup Bra - Black (Rs 1,995) Soie Pink Support Bra for Women (Rs 680) Triumph Skin Support Bra for Women (Rs 799)
7. The Ideal Bra For Racerback TanksConvertible and racerback bras work very well with racerback tanks. You can experiment with the straps of a convertible bra and rearrange it in multiple ways. You can also remove the straps if you want to. Using a single strap crossed across your shoulders or criss-crossing both straps works well under racerback tanks. With a racer-back bra, no such effort is required. Both these bras also do a fab job at showing off your sexy shoulder blades!POPxo Recommends: Inner Sense Front Close Racer Back Padded Wire Bra (Rs 999), Penny Naughty Neon Gentle Push Up Front Open Bra With Butterfly Back-Red (Rs 1,095) Colors of Benetton Purple Bra (Rs 499)
8. That Spaghetti Top BraNo girl wants her bra straps ruining her spaghetti outfit moment. If you’re struggling to find the perfect bra for those noodle strap days, look no further - bandeau and strapless bras work wonders (plastic straps are so passé and absolutely hideous!). While the thin straps of your spaghetti top or dress highlight your shoulders, collarbone your toned arms, a bandeau/strapless bra will stay concealed without anyone noticing. POPxo Recommends: Non Padded Bandeau Bra (Rs 499), Penny Pretty Print Pink Floral Gentle Push Up Strapless Bra (Rs 1,095), Enamor Padded Underwired Strapless Multiway Bra (Rs 895).Image: ShutterstockMUST-READ: Busted! 9 Bra Myths You’ve GOT To Stop Believing!MUST-READ: #BraDiaries: The BEST Bras For The Busty Girl!