Ever thought of hunting for stuff to wear in your mom’s closet? You have no idea what a treasure trove that is! It’s like having two wardrobes at once. So convenient, and that too for FREE! Go looking for these items and also bond over memories from the times when she wore them.
1. Stunning Sarees Her collection of exquisite six yards are almost the best thing you can borrow from her. They are simply irreplaceable, all those years of gorgeous finds have to be worn and shown to the world!. While everyone is trying to catch up with the latest trends, go fetch a soft silk Kanjeevaram and sway everyone.
2. Warm Shawls Yes, we know vanity takes over when it comes to us flaunting our curves in that tiny cropped top or that lehenga at weddings. But in the middle of the chilly night, all you can think of is being wrapped in one of these soft shawls. Take your pick: an embellished sequin one? A Kashmiri embroidered one? Or a plain black one? She’ll have it all.
3. Swanky Bags Until the day you can get one of your own, there is absolutely no harm in sashaying mom’s lush tote for those special occasions. Why wait when you can have your debutante moment right now! Also, You are not the only one, we all do it!!
4. Oversized Overcoat With the comeback of the 70’s, where non-structured, non fitted garments were the rage, finding use for that long coat she used to once wear is a cool idea. Carry it off with some wayfarers and don’t forget the swag!
5. Cosy CardigansThe classic buttons-down-the-front sweaters which would pair perfectly with sarees and salwar suits have huge potential in your fashion experiments. Go for a decorative cardigan or even a solid colour. Pair it will a skirt or a dress and tie with a belt to look like the ultimate cutie!
6. Expensive CosmeticsWith makeup prices becoming more and more exorbitant, we suggest you look at sharing as a totally valid option. Makes life so simple. You’ll find lipstick shades you thought didn’t even exist anymore!
7. Mommy JeansIf your mum loves her denims and she is around the same size as you, then you are super lucky girl! Her pair of high waisted jeans are all the rage now. Even bell-botts have made a comeback. Hence proved that fashion repeats itself!
8. Printed ScrunchiesYou heard us, we are talking about those extra large fabric covered rubber bands. Somewhere in some obscure corner you are surely going to find them. Get them out and style your hair in a messy bun or plaits, you can totally rock that vintage hairstyle.Tip: Take some tutorials from her.
9. Precious JewelsSince your childhood you’ve seen her wear those fine jewellery pieces and aspired to wear them some day! Now that we have all transformed into young ladies, it is finally time to exhibit those fragile wonders. Classic gold jhumkas, diamond studded rings and strings of pearls. Sigh!
10. Silk Scarves There are multiple ways in which that silk scarf can take your style quotient skyrocketing! Printed ones for your workspace, embellished ones for the soirees, woven ones for a cold evening. She’s got you covered.
11. Elegant Watches How can we not mention this? Raid her drawers to find some classic, evergreen watches. These are timeless and will only add more charm and sophistication to your personality.
12. Old-Fashioned Eye WearBe it an aged rusty pair of John Lennon glasses from her college days or those easy classic Ray-Ban glares, take what you can get ‘coz we all know old-school sunnies are cool!
You have, for years, seen your mother carry off her style with finesse and now it’s your turn to take the legacy forward.Images: ShutterstockMUST-READ: #WOW: 6 Tricks To Steal From Our Fav Celeb’s Stylists!MUST-READ: Steal HIS Style! 9 Menswear Items to Rock Your Daily Style