Thick, well-shaped eyebrows are all the rage right now (thank God for Cara Delevigne!!). They not only compliment almost every face shape, they also sharpen your features. But if you have fine, thin brows, there’s only so much makeup can do. But don’t let that distress you, here’s are 8 amazing ways to grow thicker brows naturally.
1. Petroleum Jelly Magic!A tiny bit of petroleum jelly can do wonders for your brows, yes really! It moisturizes and conditions your brows helping them grow longer and thicker. You can apply it first thing in the morning or just before you hit the sack. Do this everyday for positive results in about 4-5 months.
2. Load Up On WaterWater is a miracle worker! It’s responsible for keeping your organs hydrated, enhances metabolism, and flushes toxins from your body. It also regulates your circulatory system which feeds your hair follicles. What does that mean? It means you grab a bottle of water and start downing, pronto!
3. Go The Milky WayA tall glass of milk a day ensures healthy hair growth. If downing a glass of milk isn’t your cup of tea, simply apply some over your brows using a thick ball of cotton. Milk contains protein (hair is also made up of protein) that nourishes your hair roots and speeds up hair growth.
4. Kingdom Of CreamsFacial creams are meant for your face and NOT your hair! Many a time, we tend to apply cream all over our face (Including our brows). Face creams contain certain chemicals that aren’t hair-friendly; they can destroy your hair follicles and stunt growth. If you do happen to get cream on your brows, use a damp cloth or a ball of cotton to wipe it off.
5. Eat RightWhat you eat reflects directly on your body. If you eat greasy, oily and fatty food, it’s bound to take a toll on your health. A diet that’s rich in vitamins B and D, fish, pulses, broccoli, nuts, yoghurt, milk, bananas, spinach and eggs promotes hair growth.
6. A Little Lovin’Like any part of your body, your brows deserve a massage too! A massage improves blood circulation and releases stress from the body. Pamper them with a 5-10 minute rub with olive or coconut oil. Because a little love never hurt anybody.
7. Juicing...The Different Kind!Onions contain a high level of sulfur which is extremely beneficial for blood circulation. While a diet containing onions might be beneficial, applying onion juice topically can also boost brow growth. Once that’s done, wash it off WELL with cold water. Onions don’t exactly smell like a bunch of daisies.
8. Oil Them!You want thicker brows? Introduce castor oil in your beauty regimen. Apply it to your brows just before you go to bed. Let it stay on till the following morning and wash it off with lukewarm water.Images: ShutterstockMUST-READ: How to Take Care of Your Eyebrows!MUST-READ: The Perfect Eyebrows For Your Face Shape