Envious of those girls flipping their shiny locks in shampoo commercials? You can get them too! And you don’t necessarily have to crack eggs on your head to do so. With the right kind of products paired with a healthy diet you can actually have those gorgeous, lustrous strands
you’ve always dreamt of. Presenting all the essentials you will ever need for a gorgeous mane. You’re welcome!
1. When It Comes To The WashYou already know that washing your hair too often is actually bad for your hair. We know you’re probably thinking how clean hair can ever be bad, but shampoo can strip your hair of its natural oils (that provide shine and prevent dryness). It’s important to restrict your washes to three to four times a week and use a good clarifying shampoo to get rid of all the dirt, grime and product buildup and leave your locks squeaky clean. Also, make sure to use shampoos and conditioners that are sulfate-free (harmful chemicals that are super harsh on your strands). Plus, look for products that are hydrating at the same time.POPxo Recommends: Paul Mitchell Clarifying Shampoo (INR 1,967)
2. Get Your Serum OnOnce your hair is towel-dried (remember to blot, do not rub) we hope you’re using a good serum to soften your strands. One that provides thermal protection against all your heat styling is an absolute must. They will protect your strands from the damage caused by your blow dryer or iron and will help lock in the shine once heat is applied. Also, serums that contain essential oil magic like Moroccan or argan oil are totally worth the splurge for bringing a healthy sheen to your mane since they are super moisturizing.POPxo Recommends: John Frieda Frizz Ease Heat Defeat Protecting Spray (INR 879) or Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Serum (INR 725)
3. Spray On Some GlossA shine spray is a fabulous product to have in your hair care arsenal for spritzing on a quick coat of gloss whenever, wherever. Spray on a coat of sparkle on dry hair to help your strands reflect light for a gorgeous sheen. A good shine spray is a mist that is light and doesn’t weigh down your locks with loads of grease. It doesn’t matter whether your strands are dirty and unkempt, there’s never a wrong time for some extra shine. POPxo Recommends: Schwarzkopf Osis Sparkler Shine Spray (INR 713)
4. Get In DeepA deep conditioning treatment is one of those essential habits for healthy hair. Deep conditioning your hair once a week is fantastic for undoing all the damage caused by heat styling, pollution, dirt and sun damage. It restores all the nutrients lost and keeps your locks healthy and happy. After all, they deserve some pampering after everything we put them through. Get it done at your salon or ask your stylist about the right masks for your hair to apply at home. Leave them on for 10 minutes before rinsing off.POPxo Recommends: Matrix Biolage Deep Smoothening Conditioner (INR 279)
5. Get A Hair Gloss TreatmentA hair gloss treatment is just the type of miracle we need for lush locks. A gloss treatment is definitely better than a regular colour job as it repairs your hair and undoes damage to some extent. It leaves your hair texture much softer to touch and helps your strands reflect a lot more light, which basically means they’ll be shinier than ever. It provides translucent colour, cuts down frizz thanks to intense conditioning and gives you an overall glossy effect. Plus, it fades in 6 weeks so it’s not much of a commitment if you’re considering trying it out. POPxo Recommends: Clairol Shine Happy Clear Shine Treatment (INR 526) Images: ShutterstockMUST-READ: Strong & Shiny: 10 Foods That Help Your Hair Grow FASTER!!MUST-READ: 20 Simple Yet Life-Changing Tips For Healthier, Shinier Hair