Bollywood is all about romance. It has been since the dawn of the silver screen. But until very recently, Bollywood has not often portrayed the most important love story of all: the ones we have with ourselves! Two heroines who won our hearts by following their own dreams are Rani from Queen and Geet from Jab We Met! As we watch their journeys of self-discovery prevail through the movies, we can’t help but be left with a sense of awe and empowerment - knowing that they’re encouraging each and every one of us to embrace our inner selves and celebrate the fabulous women that we are! Here are 17 life lessons we’ve learnt from these two fantastic females!
1. You should always be your own number one priority.
2. Never say no without trying something at least once!
3. You will get over the breakup, no matter how big or small.
4. Taking some “me” time is absolutely essential.
5. Life is a game, and it’s in your hands - so make of it what you can and will, and take risks along the way... Your heart will thank you!
6. Lifestyle barriers matter not at all when it comes to finding people you can connect to emotionally.
7. There’s nothing wrong with being a strong, independent woman.
8. The best kind of love is the one that lets you be yourself even when you’re with someone else.
9. Your attitude will define you more than any outfit you wear!
10. Believe and have faith in your dreams even when no one else does.
11. No matter what, never lose your sense of humour.
12. Face challenges head on and NEVER feel defeated!
13. Speak to your heart’s content...even if no one is listening!
14. There’s nothing like a little rest and relaxation to make things better.
15. ALWAYS stand true to your beliefs.
16. Sometimes you need to explore the world by yourself - no matter who ditches on you.
17. Ultimately, your happy ending is in your own hands!
MUST-READ: Rachel, Blair, Khaleesi: Life Lessons From Our Fav TV Women!
MUST-READ: 20 Life Lessons Bollywood Has Been Teaching Us For Years!
Published on Sep 03, 2015