We already know our Bollywood beauties have set a global mark in the field of acting. Now they’re giving some serious competition to the global who’s who of fashion. From Kangana Ranaut’s amazing mix-and-match skills to Sonakshi’s classy choices…we cannot, along with the rest of the world, take our eyes off of our homegirls.
They are sheer inspiration and here are 8 Bollywood celeb-inspired fashion trends you can try, right NOW!
1. CulottesCulottes have taken the fashion world by storm and it seems like it is a Bollywood favourite. These cropped trousers that come in a square silhouette have been sported by the likes of Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandez and more. Image: Deepika Padukone on InstagramTIP: Culottes are a great way to look stylish without getting too much attention. These versatile trousers look uptown chic when paired with heels and downtown cool when teamed with your favorite flats. There is simply no going wrong!
2. White sneakersWhat a comeback from the 90’s! The white sneakers are back with a bang and we are loving it. Our fashion forward Bollywood beauties give us some major style inspiration on how to nail the white sneaker trend. Anushka Sharma pairs her kicks with a dress for a dressed down girly look.Image: Anushka Sharma on InstagramTIP: These stark white kicks look great with tight ankle length jeans. For a more girly look, pair them with skater dresses and circle skirts.
3. DungareesAnother blast from the past- the beloved dungarees! Bringing back loads of memories, we are glad dungarees are back in a completely new avatar. And who other than Bollywood’s sweetheart Alia Bhatt could have styled it better?Image: Alia Bhatt's Fan Page on InstagramTip: Since dungarees come in a loose and slightly masculine cuts, pair it with floral, frilly feminine tops. The overall silhouette gives you the freedom to accessorize.
4. Print On PrintWearing print on print is one of the most sought after trends we have seen this year. In B-Town, we have none other than the reigning fashionista, Sonam Kapoor showing us how it’s done!Image: Viral BhayaniTip: While pairing print on print, key is to make sure that both the items have something in common. For example, Sonam’s ensemble has a common floral element. Easy!
5. The Canadian TuxedoWe all love denim, don’t we? The Canadian Tuxedo, commonly know as denim on denim has taken Bollywood by storm. Kangana Ranaut gives us major style inspiration when she totally nails the look.Image: Kangana Ranaut's Fan Page on InstagramTip: Denim on denim, if done right...is an instant classic look that can never go wrong. To be on the safer side, always team two different shades of denim, like our girl Kangana has done.
6. SeparatesThis easy effortlessly chic look has been doing the rounds among our Bollywood beauties for quite sometime. Separates with a circle skirt and a cropped top is an easy fix when you’re having a I-have-nothing-to-wear day. Here’s Athiya Shetty looking absolutely delish!Image: Viral BhayaniTip: Make sure the skirt is high waisted. Show off a little midriff...and you’re good to go!
7. Maxi DressMaxi dresses and skirts- the ultra feminine and oh so comfortable piece of clothing that our heroines cannot seem to get enough of...and neither can we! How gorgeous does Parineeti Chopra look in her blue maxi?Image: Parineeti Chopra on InstagramTip: Pair maxi skirts with a glamorous top and heels for a night out. For a day out, pair it with your favorite flats and a casual top. This is yet another piece where you can experiment with your individual style to the fullest.
8. Quirky SareeTaking a spin on the traditional saree, Bollywood shows us just how to add modern twists to ethnic wear. Look at how the beautiful Shraddha Kapoor styles her saree.Image: Shraddha Kapoor on InstagramTip: Experiment with abstract prints and bold colors on the blouse.
MUST READ: What You Can Learn From The Airport Looks Of These Bollywood FashionistasMUST READ: #FilmyFashion: 5 ICONIC Bollywood Outfits You Can Rock Today! MUST READ: 35 Fashionable Tops Under Rs 1000