There’s nothing quite as versatile as a nice pair of pants! From running errands to power dressing for board meetings, there is nothing that pants can’t achieve. That is why every girl needs that perfect pair that fits her just right and looks tailored to perfection. Personal preferences aside, choosing the right pants according to your body type ensures that you have the right fit that flatters you to the T
. Read on, as we lay out the basics for picking the right pair...every single time!
1. For The Tall GirlCeleb Image: Miranda Kerr on InstagramIf you are blessed with mile long legs like the gorgeous Miranda Kerr, then you can carry off most styles with élan. However, skinny or cigarette styles fit you like a glove and accentuate your body’s best assets. Pair it with a loose shirt or a peplum top to complete the understated chic look.POPxo recommends: Super Slim Fit Anabel Jeans (Rs 3,490)
2. For The Athletic Girl (Or The Inverted Triangle) Celeb Image: Jessica Alba on InstagramThe inverted triangle body structure or the athletic frame comprises of wide shoulders as compared to a narrow waist and usually toned legs. This body type should ideally opt for wide-legged or flared palazzo pants to create an illusion of proportion at the bottom. It is best to avoid anything slim fit that would make the bottom seem narrower in comparison to the upper body.POPxo recommends: White Printed Palazzos (Rs 1,199)
3. For The Pear-Shaped Girl (The Triangle)Celeb Image: Jennifer Lopez on InstagramIf you have a pear-shaped body structure, then you have narrow shoulders with your hips being the widest part of your body. Bootcut styles with a slim flare complement your body frame. This draws eyes away from the hips and the volume at the bottom balances out your body proportion.POPxo recommends: Premium Long Flowy Trousers (Rs 5,590)
4. For The Apple-Shaped GirlCeleb Image: Tyra Banks on InstagramPeople with an apple-shaped body structure have a slimmer lower body and have a larger waist measurement than the hips or the bust. High rise straight-legged pants are the key essentials for people with such body types. It is also advisable to have zippers on the side of the trouser band to avoid extra flab in the front section.POPxo recommends: Straight Cut Trousers (Rs 2,990)
5. For The Girl With An Hourglass FigureCeleb Image Source: Viral Bhayani The hourglass body frame comprises a well-defined waist and proportionately broader bust and hips. For such body types, mid-rise skinny jeans will only accentuate the narrow waistline and create the perfect hourglass silhouette.POPxo recommends: Navy Blue Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans (Rs 825)
6. For The Petite GirlCeleb Image: Eva Longoria on InstagramPeople who are under 5’4” and have a short frame are generally labelled as petite. People with this body structure should ideally opt for mid to high waisted pants in order to create the illusion of longer legs. Also avoid large prints and stick to monochromes, which streamline the line of vision and make you look taller.POPxo recommends: Mango Blue High-Waist Jeans (Rs 2,094)
7. For The Girl With A Fuller FigureCeleb Image: Kim Kardashian on InstagramIf you've got a fuller figure, finding the perfect pants can be a challenge. You don't want to add any extra bulk, but you also don't want something that doesn't leave anything to the imagination. Straight cut pants are your best option in that case, when it comes to formal pants or even jeans. Avoid cropped pants as they tend to make you look squarer!POPxo recommends: Oasis Stripe Wide Leg Trousers (Rs 3,500)MUST-READ: #RealGirlStyle: The Best Kurtas for Every Body Type!MUST-READ: Skirting The Issue: The BEST Skirts For Every Body Type!