We all love to munch on snacks between our meals. A sandwich here, some chips there. We TOTALLY understand. It’s hard not to snack and keep our hands off food between meals. But your snacks could also be healthy and be not too full of those dreaded calories! We have 9 AMAZING snacks that taste oh-so-good AND will save you from loading up on some of those extra calories!
1. Banana Dipped In Dark Chocolate 1 banana + 6 pieces of dark chocolate = 269 caloriesSimply take some dark chocolate and melt it in the microwave. Now drizzle some over your banana, and there, you have a yummy snack that you don’t need to feel guilty about after!
2. Crackers With Peanut Butter 5 crackers + 1 or 2 tablespoons peanut butter = 280 caloriesJust add a layer of peanut butter to your regular crackers for a snack that tastes great and satisfies your carb craving!
3. Yoghurt With Honey And Cinnamon 1 cup yogurt + 1 tablespoon honey + a pinch of cinnamon = 190 caloriesAdd a twist to your boring yoghurt. Add a dash of honey and cinnamon to turn it into a delicious snack that is also super healthy! You can even add some nuts in there to get that crunch.
4. Mixed Bag Of Nuts 35g bag = 180 caloriesMix your favourite nuts in a bag. Walnuts, peanuts, cashew. Also add to that some pistachios, almonds and chickpeas. You have the perfect bag of nuts trail mix! Munch away!
5. Carrots Or Celery Sticks With Hummus Dip 2 sticks + 3 tablespoon hummus = 160 caloriesBored of eating plain old carrots? Dip them in some hummus. Not only does it taste yum, it is also healthy! Especially if the hummus is homemade!
6. Mozzarella With Tomato 28g mozzarella + 1 tomato = 113Just slice up some mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. Now put some of those tomato slices on top of the mozzarella slices and eat away! You can add some salt and pepper if you like. But one word - yum!
7. Sliced Apples With Peanut Butter And Cinnamon1 apple + 2 tablespoons peanut butter = 232 caloriesDon’t love apples? No problem. Add some taste to this super healthy fruit by adding a dash of peanut butter onto thinly cut slices. This snack may make this fruit your favourite one!!
8. Fruit Chaat 1 bowl = 160 caloriesCut up an apple, an orange, a banana, half a melon and mix them up in a bowl. Add some chaat masala to it! You have a quick snack that tastes good and is healthy too!
9. Whole Wheat Crackers With Cheese4 crackers + 2 slices of cheese = 240 caloriesAs delicious as it is easy to make! You could use cheese cubes, slices or spread! Just add some on top of your favourite whole wheat crackers and pop it into your mouth!! You can even add a twist and add some tomatoes, cucumber, gherkin, jalapenos or olives on top!Images: shutterstockMUST-READ: Would You Believe That These 100 Snacks Are Under 100 Calories?MUST-READ: #GoNuts: Why You Should Be Eating These 5 Nuts Starting NOW!