So there’s research out there that has finally answered that long-wondered-about question: what IS the best time to have sex? Apparently, it’s 5.48 a.m.! Why, you ask? Because men and women have sex drives that peak at various points during the day, and that wee window early in the morning is when they are finally in sync. So 5.48 a.m. sex = maximum pleasure! (You live and you learn, people.)
Now, we don’t all live with our partners (imagine explaining to your mum that you HAVE to head to your boyfriend’s at 5 in the morning), so this isn’t the most convenient option, really. So we decided to take a poll out here in the office, to figure out what time are we (read: the POPxo Team) doing it. We’re no scientists, but here’s what we found out!
asked (and answered anonymously, via the time-honoured method of scribbling notes on chits of paper): What is the best/ most practical time for you to have sex? Why?
1. "Morning. Because, energy."
2. "Middle of the night. After a hard day’s work, you’ve got enough sleep by then. Half-asleep, half-awake - definitely puts one in the ideal mood for it!"
3. "11 p.m., Saturday night. You have all of Sunday to relax, cuddle, have breakfast in bed - multiple times!"
4. "Weekdays - at night. Weekends - mornings."
5. "11.45 p.m. Seems like bedtime, and helps me sleep better. Plus, most likely to get cuddles. :-) "
6. "The second phase of the night - after 1 o’clock. After one round of sleeping to recharge and re-energize. Can enjoy it!"
7. "11 p.m. Before bedtime. Tired enough to go to sleep after, plus cuddles all night. <3 "
8. "Anywhere between midnight and the wee hours of the morning. Because waking up in the middle of the night to a hot sex session is pretty awesome. Plus you still get to sleep after!"
9. "At night, when everyone else is sleeping! Around 10 or 11 p.m."
10. "Early morning or late night. Because, convenience."
11. "Morning sex is the best. It makes you feel good and pumped up to face the rest of the day with a smile."
12. "Practical - night. But best? Midday!"
13. "8 a.m. You wake up and you do it. What better start to the day?"
14. "Best - post a fight! Practical - home alone!"
15. "Daytime. Empty house, no parents!"
16. "I prefer the night, because: a) I'm NOT a morning person; b) mood lighting instead of glaring morning light; c) you can just cuddle and sleep after!"
17. "10.30 p.m. to 12.30 a.m. After dinner and before sleep. Best of all worlds. And then 7.30 a.m. to 8.30 a.m. because I really do like a happy start to my day."
Conclusions drawn from this tremendously scientific survey: some like it in the morning, some in the evening, some in the middle of the day. And a few outliers basically like it all the damn time. ;-)
MUST-READ: Dating Dilemma: WHEN Should You Have Sex With Him?
MUST-READ: 26 Things Women LOVE About Sex… Your Sextionary!