Going to an all girls’ school seemed like the worst thing that could happen to you as a teenager! It’s as though you were sectioned off into your own world - girl world - while the rest of your friends got to grow up “fraternizing” with boys! Girl world did have it’s amazing perks, though! Have a read of these - we’re sure anyone who went to a girls’ school will totally relate!
1. No matter what they say about becoming a lady, you know all too well that lunchtime was not a pretty affair
The stampede scene in the Lion King really doesn't even compare to what the race to the canteen looks like.
2. Gossip is basically your second language - in fact, you’re bilingual
You can spread gossip faster than a fire can spread in a room full of petrol - this is fact. And you have been a victim of it too!
3. Crushes were taken to a whole new level
There is always - always one ridiculously good looking male teacher. Or an average-looking one who SEEMS gorgeous for the lack of boys in your life. Either way, you + him = every daydream (especially in his class!)
4. The phrase "OMG do not tell anyone!" was something you heard on a daily basis
This clearly translated into "only tell one more person" (who will tell one more person, who will tell yet another person, DUH).
5. There is genuine truth, logic and science behind FLAMES, and most of your break times between classes were spent playing it and determining your future
Hrithik Roshan. OMG, I swear I will change my name if it lands on E-for-enemy! Or worse, S-for-sister!
6. You and your group of friends are absolute pros when it comes to choreographing dances for sangeets
Um, hello - what did YOU do during activity period?! Actually learn an instrument? Hah!
7. Meeting boys was like being let out of the zoo for the day
And if they were doing a play at your school, and happened to walk through the cafeteria at lunch time - there would be staring, analysing and complete interrogation as to who this stranger was!
8. Talking about boys...
There was always one of your friends, who had a brother, and went to an all-boys school. This girl was basically idolized by all!
9. Beauty choices did become a little laxed...
For example: waxing your legs and arms, during the winter, was more than entirely optional. It’s all going to be covered up anyway!
10. There are countless ways to customize your uniform. COUNTLESS!
Whether you were part of the crew that didn’t wear your belts with your salwaar kameez, or knew how to work that hitched up skirt and knee-high socks look - this is a skill you’ve mastered!
11. You are basically a relationship guru/crisis management extraordinaire
After all, you and your friends have, accidentally, walked into at least two of more bathroom crises in your time at school - where someone was undoubtedly in tears!
12. There was no way to move around school without linking arms with your BFF
It just wasn’t an option to walk any other way, plus you had SO much to talk about since last period! (And when she was sick in bed, you actually felt a bit lost.)
13. The movies weren’t lying: there IS a pecking order
And there is that table of girls, in every single year group, and no, you do NOT want to sit with them! But you’ll still fake-smile at them when you pass them in the corridor, of course.
14. Nobody really cares to dress up for a regular day...
But as soon as inter-school fest season arrives, all your unused makeup comes out in full force! Lipstick, kajal, hey, does anyone have an eyeshadow brush?!
15. Who cares if you’re topping your class in maths?! You’ll still convince your parents that you need tuitions for the next chapter.
Arre, tuitions are toh obviously going to be co-ed na. WIN!
16. The first girl in class to get a boyfriend was basically the unofficial prom queen for life
And heaven help him if he had a bike and came to pick her up from school - at least 17 other girls would instantly fall in love with him! And ask her if he has any hot friends! ;-)
17. There was that boys-only school that shared a boundary wall with your school...
But even with the little distance separating you, you only ever met the guys at inter-school dances and competitions! Which you got excited about weeks in advance!
18. There is no such thing as eating “like a girl”
Give us those paranthas with dripping ghee even today. Arre, it won’t be wedding season for another 2 months na, it’s all fine!
19. The group of girlfriends you made at school are the ones you will have for life.