It’s not that the simpler pleasures of life don’t give us joy - it’s just that we really do enjoy the more luxurious stuff too...even if we have to work just that little bit harder for them.
Here are 13 things that you will totally get if you’re a high maintenance girl on a low maintenance budget!
1. You’re a PRO when it comes to bargaining
No one knows better than you how to use the phrase “Bhaiya, thoda kam karo na!
” to maximum effect.
2. You’re willing to live on instant noodles through the week
So that you can splurge on that really great meal at that fabulous (and pricey!) restaurant over the weekend.
3. You can afford to shop at Zara at least once a month
Thanks to all your patience and hard work in discovering that wholesale shop from where you can buy your month’s worth of supplies at 40% discount.
4. You care about fitness, of course!
Walking to the metro is your gym. And dancing on Ladies’ Night your cardio.
5. You may not have a new outfit to wear every day, but you do know how to repeat them in style
You have mastered the art of layering and accessorizing differently every single time.
6. You also know the value of mixing and matching
A little Sarojini and Colaba thrown in with some Vero Moda and Mango never hurt anyone, did it?
7. You like your wine imported, and your whisky malted
Which is why you really savour it when you drink it. Once a month.
8. And you love your fro-yos, your subs, your fried chicken
So you obviously know exactly when Cocoberry has their Rs-25-a-cup thing, what the Sub Of The Day is every day, and all about KFC’s 4+4 offers. Duh.
9. Your secret weapon for looking great is that parlour hidden away in that market
Your hairstylist may not be famous, but he is bloody amazing.
10. You would never lower yourself to buying designer knock-offs
But you thank your lucky stars that your tailor is a magician when it comes to wielding those scissors and stitching up that “Kareena wala lehenga”.
11. You love that multiplex experience, of course
And you’re totally willing to wake up at the crack of dawn and catch that weekday morning show for a 100 bucks!
12. When people come over and admire your furniture, you smile graciously
That whole weekend of sanding and refurbishing those bookshelves and that dresser - SO totally worth it!
13. And you are your own handyman and domestic help
Clogged sink? Busted tap? Messy room? Blown fuse? You know how to fix them ALL. A girl's gotta not only save but be totally self-sufficient too!
MUST-READ: 19 Random Thoughts Every Girl Has About Her Boobs!
MUST-READ: 15 WTF Things That Happen When A Girl Buys Condoms In India
The world is an expensive place. Especially if you’re a girl of “refined” tastes!
Published on Jul 14, 2015