When you fall for someone, you find yourself wanting to know more and more about them. And while it might be tempting to be super direct, when it comes to questions to ask your crush, you might want to pace yourself and not be super inquisitive all at one go! It won’t seem like you’re making too much of an effort, as these questions can very easily be a part of daily conversation and help maintain (and advance) the flow of conversation! But be prepared, some of these questions are quite likely to boomerang back to you!
All in all, our list of things to ask your crush will make for a great way to get to know each other and build a good foundation for your future (fingers crossed) relationship!
A Family Affair
Asking questions about his family will allow you to gain more insight into the person he is at home and the kind of family he comes from - it’s never too early to ask questions about the people he loves!
1. Are you close to your parents?
2. Do you have siblings?
3. Do you think you will always live in your family home?
4. How did your parents meet?
5. What’s your nickname at home?
6. How often do you see your extended family? Do they all live in India?
Figuring out what his hobbies are will allow you to see what kind of things you guys have in common! Plus, it’s a light-hearted way of finding out more about him and the stuff that makes him happy!
7. What’s your favourite quote from a movie or TV show?
8. Are you into sports?
9. What kind of music do you like?
10. What’s the last book you read and were blown away by?
11. When’s your birthday? What do you know about your sun sign?
12. What’s the accomplishment you’re most proud of?
Love Is In The Air
Some of these questions are the ones you will be dying to know the answers to, because they are the ones that will help you figure out if you should be looking at a relationship or not and what his past relationships have been like. However, don’t indulge too much in the information you receive about the past - look forward instead, and appreciate that he does have a romantic side to him!
13. What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done?
14. Why did you and your ex break up?
15. Have you ever been in love?
16. What did you think of me the first time we met?
17. What’s your idea of a perfect date night?
18. Do you believe in the idea of soul mates?
Dreams And Desires
These questions are great to see what kind of person your potential beau wants to become. It’s a nice way to see what his ambitions and aspirations are, and also to see if you want similar things out of life!
19. If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
20. What’s the one thing you want to achieve in life?
21. If you could sum up your philosophy/mantra for life in one sentence, what would it be?
22. If you could live in the city of your choice, where would it be?
23. If a genie came to you and granted you three wishes, what would you ask for?
24. If you could just take six months off from your daily routine, what would you do in that time?
Getting to know someone’s past means them having to dig through their mind to answer your questions - it will act as a bonding exercise for both of you and establish a certain level of trust!
25. Where did you grow up?
26. Are you still in touch with a lot of your school friends?
27. What’s your most vivid/first memory as a child?
28. What’s the naughtiest/most embarrassing thing you did as a kid?
29. Do you ever wish you had done something differently?
30. If you could turn back time and go back to one phase of your life, what would that phase be?
Ranging from the mundane to the existential - questions like these force your crush to think and respond. It will allow you to get some insight into the way his brain thinks and will act as a good conversation starter for more abstract discussions, instead of having to talk about the tangible everyday life!
31. Do you like dogs, or cats?
32. Would you rather be rich or famous?
33. Do you think it’s better to beg for forgiveness or ask for permission?
34. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would do with the money?
35. What do you think the future is going to be like?
36. Chicken or the egg, which one do you really think came first?
MUST-READ: Want To Text Your Crush At Night? Here’s How To Start!
MUST-READ: How To Talk To Boys (11 Simple Steps)