If you thought people only had an opinion on your life when you are single, you couldn’t be more mistaken! Any newlywed girl will tell you that people say the silliest things to you even once you are married. We are just here to let you know we totally get how irritating it is - but let’s resist the urge to argue! It’s a waste of time and energy on a whole bunch of people who really don’t deserve it! Keep Calm and Carry On - or should we say Marry On?!
1. You’ve put on so much weight!
And you’ve grown so many greys - but you don’t see me pointing that out, do you?
2. You don’t “look” married!
And you don’t “look” stupid, but appearances can be deceptive!
3. Are you finally over the wedding?
Are you finally over this conversation?
4. Is that a baby bump?
I got married last month - and the bump couldn’t possibly show so soon. It’s SCIENCE people, for God's sake!
5. So you finally got a taste of real life!
Yes, because up until now, I was a robot made of plastic.
6.You must plan a family soon!
You must plan a holiday soon. And go far, FAAAAAR away from me.
7. So how does it feel now that you have real responsibilities on your head?
What does this even mean? As opposed to all the fake responsibilities I had before?!
8. Your poor parents must be missing you!
Not sure I can say the same for yours!
9. No matter what you say, things change after marriage.Aapko kisne poochha?
10. Do you get along with your mother-in-law?
Much better than I’m getting along with you right now!
11. You’re looking so tired! You must not be getting any sleep at night. *Wink*
Ahhh! You’re referring to all the sex I must be having. Would you like me to give you details?
12. I hope you are taking good care of your husband.
Since when are you my husband’s guardian?
13. You started working so fast after your marriage?
Would you like me to work slowly?
14. Of course you will be happy right now! It’s the Honeymoon Phase!
Oh, I’m sorry! Didn’t realize you had a degree in psychology and were called Dr Freud.
15. Why aren’t you wearing your mangalsutra / chooda / sindoor?
Sorry to break it to you, but life - hold your breath for this - really isn’t an Ekta Kapoor serial! I know, I’m shocked too!GIFs: giphy.com, glee.wikia.com, www.tumblr.com, imgbuddy.com, wifflegif.com, s21.photobucket.com, indianexpress.comMUST-READ: #STFU: 21 Things You Should NEVER Say To A Bride To BeMUST-READ: #MorningAfter: Things a Bride Thinks on the First Day After the Wedding!