We’ve all been there - that point when you have to make a decision about “This is it”. And for every one of us who has said “Okay, yes, let’s do this”, there’s been someone who’s thought “Maybe it’s too soon, I should wait and see..” Well, here’s something for you to think about if you haven’t said yes yet - a few practical reasons why “commitment” should not be a scary word, no matter how young (or old!) you are.
1. There is no greater joy than growing up with the person you love.
2. You get to know each other’s likes as they evolve over time.
3. More importantly, you get to know each other’s dislikes.
4. Because the younger you are, the easier it is to accept another person, with all their quirks and flaws and the adorable things about them too.
5. More importantly, it is easier to adapt yourself to them - ‘cause, let’s face it, the older you get, the more settled in your ways you become.
6. It’s not easy to open yourself up to someone else - it’s and it becomes more difficult to do so with each passing year. If you’ve let yourself open up, treasure that, and build on it.
7. The single life is fun, so is dipping your feet in the dating pool. What’s not so much fun? The dating mistakes we all make. We’d happily surrender those mistakes for the stability of one amazing person. (And you can continue going on dates with him, you know! :-P)
8. We love secrets. But what we love more is sharing those secrets - with the one person we’re trusting for the rest of our lives!
9. Relationships take hard work. They aren’t easy, but the happiness of one that works out is worth the effort. Freaking out about committing - and missing out on that joy - may not be the best decision we can make!
10. Because relationships mean adapting yourself to someone’s family too - and the younger you are, the easier it is to do.
11. The “I need to find someone for myself” stage most of us arrive at eventually can be a bit trying (we are being polite here).
12. And wouldn’t it be amazing to have rock-solid support for that (inevitable) quarter-life crisis? :-)
GIFs: giphy.com, www.pinterest.com, www.someecards.com, www.tumblr.com
MUST-READ: Is He “The One”? 9 Questions To Ask Yourself Today
MUST-READ: 10 Signs You’ve Found A Forever Kind Of Guy!