If you cringe at the amount of hair your hairbrush likes to gobble-up each morning, or the shower drain clogging up more often than you’d made peace with, we feel you! While most of us have been down that road, we’re also aware of the big price tag those fancy hair treatments come with. There is, however, hope. When in doubt, always turn to nature. So, here’s presenting you with home remedies for hair loss, so you can tackle all your hairfall woes within the comfortable confines of your own four walls! Adopt a hair fall treatment at home for a healthy lustrous mane. 1. Garlic & Coconut Oil
Garlic pods are rich in sulphur and are super helpful for hair growth, as the increase the production of a protein called collagen. When mixed together and applied on the scalp, the juice of garlic pods and coconut oil aids hair growth and controls hair fall. This makes for a great hair fall treatment at home.
- This is the most talked about combination among home remedies for hair loss.
Step 1 - Using a spoon, crush a few garlic pods and toss them in a bowl.
Step 2 - Add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and pour it over the pods.
Step 3 - Pour the mix into the cooking pan and warm it up on slow heat for a couple of minutes.
Step 4 - Let the mix cool down for a bit before dipping your fingers into the oil and running them through your hair and scalp.
Step 5 - Give your scalp a good massage and let the oil sit for about 30 minutes.
Step 6 - Wash your hair with ice-cold water.
Also Read Benefits & Uses Of Amla For Every Hair Related Problem In Marathi
2. Gooseberries & Lemon JuiceTalking about Home remedies for hair loss, one cannot skip gooseberries. As a fruit, gooseberries are very popular in India. They not only make a healthy snack, but also a great hair fall treatment at home. These magical berries are loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants, which are perfect for repairing the structure of the hair strand.
Step 1 - Squeeze the gooseberry and pour the juice into a glass bowl.
Step 2 - Now, add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the container and stir well using a spoon.
Step 3 - Apply the solution to your scalp using your fingertips.
Step 4 - Leave to soak and let it dry for 20-30 minutes.
Step 5 - Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
3. Egg Whites & Olive OilIt’s no secret that eggs are a rich source of protein. Applying them directly to your hair can improve the hair texture and help control hair-fall. It is one of the great home remedies for hair loss and you will thank us that we told you.
Step 1 - Crack an egg and pour the whites in a glass bowl.
Step 2 - Add a teaspoon of olive oil to the mix and stir well.
Step 3 - Apply it all over your scalp and hair.
Step 4 - Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
Step 5 - Wash your hair with lukewarm water and shampoo.
4. Coconut Milk & WaterAll parts of the coconut are beneficial for your mane - the flesh, the juice and the oil - they all contain essential minerals, proteins and fats that guard against hair loss and give your hair a glossy texture. Follow the steps below for a great hair fall treatment at home. Step 1 - Cut a coconut in half and grate it.
Step 2 - Squeeze its milk in a container and add 2 tablespoons of water.
Step 3 - Apply it to the area you think needs most attention.
Step 4 - Put on a shower cap and leave it on for the night.
Step 5 - In the morning, wash it off with warm water.5. Onion Juice, Aloe Vera Gel & Olive OilOnions are found in literally EVERY Indian kitchen. The sulfur content in onions is high and is believed to improve blood circulation and repair hair follicles. The juice of an onion is also perfect for destroying germs! It is one of the great home remedies for hair loss that prevent baldness.
Step 1 - Chop an onion and extract its juice; pour it in a bowl.
Step 2 - Add 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and a teaspoon of olive oil to the solution.
Step 3 - Gently apply it to your scalp and leave it to dry for half an hour.
Step 4 - Rinse it off using cold water and a mild shampoo.
6. Beetroot Juice & Henna LeavesWhen consumed, beetroots can be extremely beneficial for blood regulation. Surprisingly, it can do the same magic for your hair! This meaty root contains proteins, calcium, vitamins B and C and carbohydrates. These nutrients help strengthen the hair structure and tightening hair follicles. You will be grateful to home remedies once you follow the below hair fall treatment at home.
Step 1 - Chop the beetroot into fine slices and drop it into a mixer.
Step 2 - Pluck a few leaves from the henna plant and drop them in the mixer as well.
Step 3 - Churn the ingredients together till they turn into a thick paste.
Step 4 - Apply the paste to your scalp and leave it to dry for 15-20 minutes.
Step 5 - Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
7. Flax seeds (Alasi)
They may look tiny, but their impact on one’s hair is HUGE. These seeds are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids and are miracle workers when it comes to fixing broken hair and giving them a shiny, smooth texture. Looking for home remedies for hair loss, this is one of your best bets.
Step 1 - Use a heavy stone and crush the flax seeds till they turns into powder.
Step 2 - Sprinkle this powder over your edibles like soups, salads, juices etc before digging in!
MUST-READ: #RealGirlBeauty: 7 Scalp Secrets for Incredible Hair
MUST-READ: #RealGirlBeauty: 5 Hairstyles That Look Better on Unwashed Hair