The big wide world of dating comes with its hits and misses. From outrageous to cringe-worthy, when we look back we find that some pretty hilarious things have happened to all of us on dates.
And you know what? We wouldn’t want it any other way!
1. “Tripping over in the movie theatre and falling down a few steps, with my date chasing behind me trying to stop me. I wanted to curl up and die!”
2. “We were making out, and he suddenly got a nosebleed. A NOSEBLEED! I’m still not sure whether it was something I did.”
3. “He told me a joke that was actually really funny, but I was sipping on my drink when he said it. I ended up laughing so hard and accidently squirted it on right on his face. I loved his sense of humour but, unfortunately, he never called me again.”
4. “After winning a long-drawn out debate with him about paying the bill, I realized that I’d left my wallet at home. Had to ask him to pay.”
5. “Asked a guy back to my place, after a date, only to realize that I had forgotten my keys inside! I made him jump over the gate so we could get in and he ended up with a fracture and three stitches on his foot!! Erm...oops.”
6. “Went for dinner with the boyfriend my family didn’t know about and found my parents celebrating their
‘date night’ at the same restaurant! Ended up being the most uncomfortable ‘meet the parents’ dinner ever.”
7. “We went for a stand up comedy act at a really hipster place thinking it’d be a really ‘cool’ date. It was..until the comedian decided to pick US as his targets for the evening and asked as the most horrifically embarrassing questions. And the more we blushed, the more fun he made of us! We left feeling rather scared.”
And Now... Contest Alert!!!
Are you ready to take the POPxo-TrulyMadly #DelhiDateChallenge?
We love you, readers. And that’s why we have this awesome contest just for you! For all the single girls out there - if we could organize a fab date for you, would you go on it? No pressure, no worries - just a simple, lovely first date with someone you find interesting!
We’ll take care of everything else - all you have to do is find a guy you like (at least a little bit!) and show up!
Here’s what you gotta do
Download the TrulyMadly app and get matching.
- Find a guy you like… (Good luck!!)
Tell us YOUR funniest date story on Facebook (in the comments section of this post)!
- Don’t forget to tag and hashtag us! #DelhiDateChallenge, @TrulyMadly.com and @POPxoDaily
- The best entry wins a FAB mega date (with the guy you choose), all paid for by the lovely folks at TrulyMadly. Simple!
What you win
- A dinner-date for two (up to Rs 3,000) at Cherie One Qutub, Mehrauli, New Delhi
- A cab ride to and from your date
- A gift-voucher worth Rs 2,500 from Forever 21
- A pre-date mani-pedi pampering session at Toni&Guy, Greater Kailash II, New Delhi
The contest rules
Go on, get matching and take the #DelhiDateChallenge! It’s going to be fun, we promise! :-)
This post is brought to you in association with TrulyMadly. Download the app on Android or iPhone or Windows, and meet verified like-minded singles in your city.
- Your date has to be someone you found on TrulyMadly (you need to have an active account)
- You and your date have to be from Delhi-NCR to participate in the #DelhiDateChallenge contest (or in the city on the big day itself)