We women love our lush, long locks. But sometimes in a bid to reinvent ourselves or just out of sheer boredom, we make life-altering decisions - like cutting it all off. Sometimes it’s not even your choice - split ends, dandruff or your hair getting stuck in the wrong end of a hair dryer can force you to hack it all off. If you’ve ever chopped off your long hair then you've definitely gone through these thoughts while sitting in your stylist's chair.
1. OMG, do I really want to do this? What if it looks terrible on me?!!
It’s still not too late to jump up from the stylist’s chair and run.
2. Why God, why me?!!!
Why am I cursed with horrific split ends that have ruined my beautiful, long hair.
3. No, I need to do this, my long hair is so boring. The lob will be a refreshing change.
* Fingers crossed *
4. I hope I look as fabulous as Kim K, Sonakshi Sinha and Anushka Sharma with their cool new haircuts.
Who am I kidding?! They’re movie stars!!
5. She just made the first snip. I’m just going to shut my eyes and wait for it to be over.
There’s no turning back now.
6. WTF, there’s so much hair on the ground.
Is she making me bald?!!
7. Can I pick some up (your just-chopped hair) and keep it as a memory?
That’s not that weird is it?!!
8. Oh no, what if boys don’t find me sexy without long hair?!!
I think I’ve made a huge mistake!
9. Who cares, I’m doing this for ME. I’ve wanted to do it since forever.
Maybe I should donate my locks. I can make a difference with my awesome new makeover.
10. Ok, she’s almost done. I CAN’T BELIEVE IT’S SO SHORT.
I feel naked.
11. But it looks good, I look like a better version of me.
I feel so liberated.
12. I can’t stop looking in the mirror. I look good, if I do say so myself.
And so much younger!
13. What was I thinking, of course I look sexy. I love it!
I’m so proud of myself for finally taking the plunge.
14. Why was I stressing so much, this is so much easier to maintain than super long hair. And it’s only hair, it will grow back.